Throwing down the gauntlet | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Throwing down the gauntlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
KML plays the wing/small forward. Stewart plays the stretch 4 (power forward) who showed she can score inside and from the perimeter and is by far best at that position in WCBB. In fact, I can't think of another stretch 4 in WCBB.

Haley Peters for Duke could be called a stretch 4. 6'3 PF who averaged 7.6 rebounds and shot 47% from the 3 pt arc.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Educating Vol fans...one free service the Boneyard provides.

For no apparent reason. Members appearing that dumb generally get crucified. Perhaps it is the strategy: kill them with kindness and they will go away. If it works, I hardily endorse it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Haley Peters for Duke could be called a stretch 4. 6'3 PF who averaged 7.6 rebounds and shot 47% from the 3 pt arc.

I thought about Peters but wasn't sure how many 3s she shot last year or how well she shot them.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think they will be very good, or they should be very good. With the incentive of the Tenn Final Four down the street- I actually think they will make it out of the regionals and get to the Final Four this year. I just have a strong feeling we will meet the LVols in the Semis in Nashville next spring. I would love to see it. We already booked Hotel in Nashville- No tickets yet, but we're going! How great would it be to get our next NC in Tenn and having gone thru Tenn---- it really would be "storybook" type stuff!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think TENN will have one of the better front courts in the country by the end of the year. Definitely not the best... or even the second best. Top 5 perhaps

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Right now all Tenn has is dreams of the past and some potential in the future. I think Burdick needs to understand that frontcourt means defense and offense. Graves is good, Burdick still has something to prove and Russell isn't the starting center Harrison is. So what is so exciting about that???? If Tenn makes the finals in the FF then perhaps we can talk about this. I don't see it this season. How bout an Elite 8 first.

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with Burdick thinking that; she should as a competitive athlete. We can haggle over how Tuck matches up with whoever becomes their first post off the bench, and it could be that the junior or senior Russell will be better than the senior Dolson. But right now we have the best center in wcbb and the best player slotted at the 4. If we extend out to small forward we only become more formidable to the competition with KML. To use Burdick's phrase, in the absence of injuries we are "hands down" the best frontcourt in wcbb, not just overall, but each at their respective position. I'm going to sound like TonyC now, but in the absence of injuries I suspect we set a new record for margin of victory this year, all in double digits.
Given the change of conference, the quality of the team, and especially the depth, I'd be mildly shocked if we don't set a record for MoV (barring injuries).

Reaction Score
Well, I think we all agree that this year it's UConn and everyone else. No one's even in the same league. And apparently Ms. Burdick doesn't even think Tennessee's in the same country as UConn!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
but how tall is KML? i see tuck as a post player but KML seems kinda short to be pounding against true post players.

KML in interviews has talked about how she learned the game from the inside out. She played inside first and became a strong rebounder and finisher, and after that started working on her ball handling and (especially) her outside shot, because she knew she would need to have a complete game at her 6'0" height.

She is the all-time leading rebounder at her high school, Mater Dei in CA.

She is really a classic inside/outside player, even though it's her 3-ball that gets the most attention around the country.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
KML in interviews has talked about how she learned the game from the inside out. She played inside first and became a strong rebounder and finisher, and after that started working on her ball handling and (especially) her outside shot, because she knew she would need to have a complete game at her 6'0" height.

She is the all-time leading rebounder at her high school, Mater Dei in CA.

She is really a classic inside/outside player, even though it's her 3-ball that gets the most attention around the country.

KML was Team USA's leading rebounder at the WUGs this summer. She played mostly at the 4 because the team lacked post players. She is incredibly strong and likely has the strongest hands on the UConn team. Once she gets her mitts on the ball, it's hers.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
KML was Team USA's leading rebounder at the WUGs this summer. She played mostly at the 4 because the team lacked post players. She is incredibly strong and likely has the strongest hands on the UConn team. Once she gets her mitts on the ball, it's hers.

Yep - she is very strong in traffic

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
"stretch 4" thats a new term to me... thanks!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think TENN will have one of the better front courts in the country by the end of the year. Definitely not the best... or even the second best. Top 5 perhaps
I think this is a fair assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer