Through the many years & many wins, there have been just two constants... | The Boneyard

Through the many years & many wins, there have been just two constants...

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
...and those two constants have been The Boneyard’s co-Coaches of the Century, Geno Auriemma and Chris Dailey.

Of two things I am absolutely certain:
  • Since 11/22/21 two of the greatest basketball minds the world has ever known have been devising a game plan to exact revenge on South Carolina.
  • Tomorrow when that game plan is finally unleashed in all of its glory it’s gonna be amazing!

Do you think they have SC’s attention yet?

DO IT AGAIN FOR THE WHITE AND BLUE!!!!!!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
And if Geno and CD looked back in history, they will find that Jim Calhoun had prepped for the final with Duke, well before the tourney even started.

Book excerpt

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
As an awed rival once observed; "Gut they're UConn! It says so right there on their jerseys!"

Reactions: HHH
Reaction Score
...and those two constants have been The Boneyard’s co-Coaches of the Century, Geno Auriemma and Chris Dailey.

• Since 11/22/21 two of the greatest basketball minds the world has ever known have been devising a game plan to exact revenge on South Carolina.
  • Tomorrow when that game plan is finally unleashed in all of its glory it’s gonna be amazing!

Have their attention? The SC players were glued to their phones during the second game. No one was watching.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Have their attention? The SC players were glued to their phones during the second game. No one was watching.
I don't think the kids today, who have their phones to entertain them, ever really watch while they're in the stands. But I am sure Dawn will have them prepared. We just have to be better!

Reaction Score

DAMN! Put ME in Coach!!!

• Love

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn had better be ready to play tomorrow. because SC will. :cool: ONO and Edwards will just have to do the best they can with Boston. I’ll be glad when she graduates.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't think the kids today, who have their phones to entertain them, ever really watch while they're in the stands. But I am sure Dawn will have them prepared. We just have to be better!
Let me know when Paige has a phone in her hand when she has the opportunity to watch a live game (and especially an opponent).

I heard somewhere that she lives the game.

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
And if Geno and CD looked back in history, they will find that Jim Calhoun had prepped for the final with Duke, well before the tourney even started.

Book excerpt

Thanks for sharing! I'm guessing that by now Geno and CD have their blue index cards on SC memorized! ;)

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
As an awed rival once observed; "Gut they're UConn! It says so right there on their jerseys!"

Darned straight! Right there on those awe-inspiring National Flag Blue jerseys I might add (hopefully those dishwater gray ones are gone forever…am I right @CTGirl15 ??) !!

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score

Maybe checking the Portal to see if there was still time to transfer…either that, or reading The Boneyard…. :cool:

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
DAMN! Put ME in Coach!!!

If you go 6’5” 185, have post-play experience, and identify as female, we might be able to use you. Just remember: No short-shorts, no false eyelashes…and you might want to shave that 5 o’clock shadow.... :D

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
Let me know when Paige has a phone in her hand when she has the opportunity to watch a live game (and especially an opponent).

I heard somewhere that she lives the game.

No cells here…although, granted, that may have been CD’s doing….

NoCell.jpg

Reaction Score
it's not rocket science........you front her or double team her or both.........the problem is she scores anyway.........she's going to get her points.......better to concentrate on stopping the rest of the South Carolina team which is more doable at times......

Reaction Score
Darned straight! Right there on those awe-inspiring National Flag Blue jerseys I might add (hopefully those dishwater gray ones are gone forever…am I right @CTGirl15 ??) !!
Let's hope! Even Dee ragged on the gray jerseys they wore in a loss to Duke in 2003 or 2004 during the Megacast. Those things are cursed!

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
it's not rocket science........you front her or double team her or both.........the problem is she scores anyway.........she's going to get her points.......better to concentrate on stopping the rest of the South Carolina team which is more doable at times......

I’m betting that Geno and CD know exactly how they’re planning on handling Aliyah Boston and South Carolina tonight. Whether it works out or not, we’ll know in a few short hours. But if SC is relying on their memory of the Bahamas game to devise their gameplan, they may just find their string of wins in the NC game shorter than Geno’s by 11 ! :cool:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I’m betting that Geno and CD know exactly how they’re planning on handling Aliyah Boston and South Carolina tonight. Whether it works out or not, we’ll know in a few short hours. But if SC is relying on their memory of the Bahamas game to devise their gameplan, they may just find their string of wins in the NC game shorter than Geno’s by 11 ! :cool:
Lol, I did get a kick from Dawn saying "I've never lost one either". Her presser yesterday was great.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Other teams have tried EVERYTHING. Nothing (to his knowledge) has worked so far. You know about her double-double scoring/rebounds consecutive games streak. He's being honest. There are some brilliant minds in WCBB. If there was a way to stop or slow her down, someone would have thought of it by now. How do you chide a coach for being honest?

ONO and Edwards know what the task is before them. All they can hope to do is slow her down enough that her numbers are not the difference in the game for SC. If UConn can hold her to 16/12 they have a chance. It will be hard to overcome her production and emerge victorious if they allow her to have a game as she had against Louisville (23/18).

Reaction Score
If you go 6’5” 185, have post-play experience, and identify as female, we might be able to use you. Just remember: No short-shorts, no false eyelashes…and you might want to shave that 5 o’clock shadow.... :D

If you happen to be 6-4 handle well, great passer, shoot well, block shots, have7-1 wingspan, you can suit up today.

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
If you happen to be 6-4 handle well, great passer, shoot well, block shots, have7-1 wingspan, you can suit up today.

That almost sounds as though you could be describing Camer…heyyyyy, wait a minute…<furiously checks the Transfer Portal>…drats…Cameron Brink. :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Book excerpt
Just sayin': Maybe putting "Jim Calhoun" in the same sentence as "Geno & CD" might not be the best strategy suggestion....
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom