Thriving In All these Different Environments | The Boneyard

Thriving In All these Different Environments

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ringling bros. is dead. Long live the husky Circus!

"Thursday night’s 83-58 victory over defending national champion South Carolina marked the eighth straight road win against a team ranked in the top 10 of the Associated Press poll. UConn legends Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore and Breanna Stewart were part of teams to win four such games. With eight in a row, it is some rarefied air the veteran duo [Kia and Gabby] is currently breathing.

“I am sure it just worked out that way with the schedule,” Williams said, “I am sure teams before could have done it too. It says a lot about this team and it says a lot about maturity. It is not easy playing in all of these different environments.”

UConn women continue to thrive away from home

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm thinking this may be new too? If not, oh well.

Huskies have no problems with South Carolina

"As fun as it is playing in Gampel, there's something about playing against the crowd," Samuelson said."

And Geno: "When you play on the road against a really good team and this kind of crowd, the last thing you want is to play against the crowd and the other team. Fortunately, we only had to play against South Carolina tonight."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The overall win streak in true road games now stands at something like 48, which is extremely impressive. Only 1 team other than UConn has even won as many as 48 in a row, regardless of location.

Gabby and Kia are assembling an incredible resume for their class.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm thinking this may be new too? If not, oh well.

Huskies have no problems with South Carolina

"As fun as it is playing in Gampel, there's something about playing against the crowd," Samuelson said."

And Geno: "When you play on the road against a really good team and this kind of crowd, the last thing you want is to play against the crowd and the other team. Fortunately, we only had to play against South Carolina tonight."

The article after this one is cute. Apparently, Kia's layup form still urks Geno. :D

Nurse's layup line not that easy

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Very cool @eebmg :

"I'm fortunate to be on a team surrounded by really good players," Nurse said. "When you have to pick your poison and leave someone open and that someone is me, I'll go for it."

It was a good night to be a UConn senior as Nurse's classmate, Williams, had 14 points, 14 rebounds, and five assists. Williams was asked if she would help Nurse with her layups.

"If she teaches me how to shoot a 3," Williams replied.

"I'm down for that," Nurse said. "If Gabby wants to help me out, I'll certainly help her."

Reaction Score
The overall win streak in true road games now stands at something like 48, which is extremely impressive. Only 1 team other than UConn has even won as many as 48 in a row, regardless of location.

Gabby and Kia are assembling an incredible resume for their class.
The Baylor fans tell us road games are no big deal and that it's just like playing at home which is why they don't bother with road trips.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What I loved about the game was after Dawn finally called the timeout was the smile on Geno's face as the team was coming off the court. I would also LOVE to know what Kia was smiling about and saying to Geno when they got into the huddle on that called timeout.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom