Three Year strategic plan for UConn Football Crowd source | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Three Year strategic plan for UConn Football Crowd source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd love to see them those theme days again, like band day where the bring in a bunch of local high school marching bands to play with the UCMB. Scout day where they get as many boys and girls troops at as possible. Things like that. I always had fun when we brought in highschool bands to play with us when I was in UCMB.

Reaction Score
i’ll weigh in as someone who used to be a fairly dedicated fan (attended every home game, drove to the Meinecke Car Car Bowl) and now is almost entirely apathetic.

• ticket costs are meaningless to me, if i don’t want to go i don’t care if the tickets are free
  • an exciting on field product is more important to me than winning (since we aren’t in a conference or playing top competition i don’t care if we get a grind it out win, i would rather see a shootout loss)
  • game day experience is king. if the team sucks, need the environment to be a draw. there’s not much to do in CT anyways, so this shouldn’t be too hard. make the tailgate/stadium experience worth attending, outside of the game on the field. few ideas have been good (great food, beer gardens, sports bars, etc), just needs to be known that this is the biggest party in CT on Saturday and you will get the casuals

tl,dr: i’m not going to go out of my way to watch a boring product, eat typical stadium food, and drink overpriced generic beer. need to give me a reason to leave my couch/local bar.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
i’ll weigh in as someone who used to be a fairly dedicated fan (attended every home game, drove to the Meinecke Car Car Bowl) and now is almost entirely apathetic.

• ticket costs are meaningless to me, if i don’t want to go i don’t care if the tickets are free
  • an exciting on field product is more important to me than winning (since we aren’t in a conference or playing top competition i don’t care if we get a grind it out win, i would rather see a shootout loss)
  • game day experience is king. if the team sucks, need the environment to be a draw. there’s not much to do in CT anyways, so this shouldn’t be too hard. make the tailgate/stadium experience worth attending, outside of the game on the field. few ideas have been good (great food, beer gardens, sports bars, etc), just needs to be known that this is the biggest party in CT on Saturday and you will get the casuals

tl,dr: i’m not going to go out of my way to watch a boring product, eat typical stadium food, and drink overpriced generic beer. need to give me a reason to leave my couch/local bar.

Honestly, this pretty much sums it up.

Greater Hartfords Largest cocktail party has a nice ring to, right @Guapo

Reaction Score
It’s not a bad idea, but I’ll believe UConn and the state marketing and embracing “fun” when I see it

Reaction Score

I agree mostly except I want UCONN to win regardless of how they look.

Reaction Score
“ My only other suggestions are move #5 to the #1 spot and rethink the 9th word of point #9”
Chief certainly lives in @formerlurker head.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
“ My only other suggestions are move #5 to the #1 spot and rethink the 9th word of point #9”
Chief certainly lives in @formerlurker head.

You can't afford the rent, kid. And it only took you a month and a half to find that, I'm proud of you.

Reaction Score
You can't afford the rent, kid. And it only took you a month and a half to find that, I'm proud of you.

LoL - I am sorry to disappoint you, but Chief doesn’t have you on an alert. Usually, the only times I read your posts are when you reply to my post, incidental to reading someone else’s post or when I am really, really, really bored.

As for your comment about affording the rent, people who talk like that are usually the ones who can’t.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
LoL - I am sorry to disappoint you, but Chief doesn’t have you on an alert. Usually, the only times I read your posts are when you reply to my post, incidental to reading someone else’s post or when I am really, really, really bored.

As for your comment about affording the rent, people who talk like that are usually the ones who can’t.

PM me and we can compare portfolios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69