Three blocks on one possession... | The Boneyard

Three blocks on one possession...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brimah is so much fun to watch. I just wish he could stay on the court a bit more.
His confidence also seems to be growing on offense and I think it will continue to this year. Unfortunately he just can't keep his hands straight up. He's got to learn that he affects shots just by getting his hands up and he doesn't need to block everything.

Reaction Score
Its just beginning for him. So enjoyable to watch.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
That sequence changed the game for sure. The momentum was ALL UConn after that.

Reaction Score
so this was the 2nd or 3rd game i havent been able to watch in the last 15 years. People keep talking about the 3straight blocks and yet i have yet to see it. does anyone have a video of it or can make one/

Reaction Score
I was listening on the radio and Joe D was going ballistic over Brimah's play on that possession. Wayne Norman wondered whether Okafor ever had 3 on a single possession (and I wondered whether Thabeet ever did). I'm not sure anyone tracks blocks-per-possession, but maybe they should..... it is quite clear that possession set the tone for the rest of the Uconn run to the end.

Reaction Score
What was great about the possession was as I watched it and the shot clock ran down, you could see the guy with the ball decide to take it to the hoop, and it was like, NO, NOT ANOTHER ONE. You could feel it coming.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I bet both Emeka and Hasheem did that...but that's the company Brimah is going to be in this season. He can be a human eraser.

He just needs to learn to stay straight and keep his arms up.

Reaction Score
I can't 100 percent confirm it, but I thought Emeka did it against Alabama in the Elite Eight before leaving the game. My google research found the game recap that says he had three blocks in 20 seconds, but they could have been on two possessions if one of them led to a leak out and fast break.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Those blocks really fueled the momentum swinging to UConn. Really good D and I thought that Amida made some nice plays by stepping up to briefly guard the gaps between defenders, preventing penetration. The guy he was guarding was not a threat to shoot, so he was able to camp out in the lane.

Reaction Score
I can't 100 percent confirm it, but I thought Emeka did it against Alabama in the Elite Eight before leaving the game. My google research found the game recap that says he had three blocks in 20 seconds, but they could have been on two possessions if one of them led to a leak out and fast break.

This is correct from my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul