Thread of tweets or signs indicating the Big 10 is inviting new members | The Boneyard

Thread of tweets or signs indicating the Big 10 is inviting new members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm going to man this until UConn gets its Big 10 invite or they stop shipping thorazine from Vanautu.

First up from today:
Wall Street Journal

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2012/...cc-big-east-the-rules-of-college-realignment/

“I think effectively there are about four major football conferences right now,” University of Georgia president Michael Adams said. Adams said the four included the SEC, but he declined to say what the other major conferences were.

“I think there are some conferences that have devalued themselves in the whole process,” said Adams, who presided over his school’s conference adding Texas A&M and Missouri this year. “I don’t think the SEC is one of them.”
2) Only expand into states in which you don’t already have a member.

The idea is that once a conference has a presence in a television market, there’s no economic benefit to adding another.

Okay, not much so far. But we've waited this long. What's another few days, weeks, months, or years.

Reaction Score
With UConn you'd be getting all (or most) of New England. There is still hope. That would indicate that FSU will never, ever get into the SEC. So all they have is the Big 12, which could conceivably lose TexaHoma and friends to the PAC 12. So what you are going to have is death match between the Big 12, and ACC to remain in existance. Meh, Im done for the day.

Reaction Score
The Pac-12 likely won't let Texas keep its TV contract, so Texas is staying put. Which means Oklahoma is staying, too, and the Big 12 is more sturdy than the ACC.

Our hope lies in one or two of these scenarios playing out:
- FSU bolting to the Big 12 (most likely)
- Virginia getting an invite to either the B1G or SEC (somewhat likely)
- UNC to the B1G (don't see this happening)
- Virginia Tech getting an invite to the SEC (eh)

And then, UConn would have to beat out Cinci for an invite to the ACC. Normally I'd say that would be a piece of cake, but now I'm not at all sure of that.

Reaction Score
Don't become like Karl Rove on election night going nuts about Ohio. It's gone for now and possibly forever, which after relaxing a bit, is not the end of the world.

caw

Reaction Score
IMO the SEC/B1G would be the logical choice to make the next move. If either adds 2 more teams they have their 16 locked up and don't have to play this game anymore.

If I'm looking at the ACC; UNC, NCST, UVA and VaTech are the best schools to go after. Large fan bases and public schools outside of their current area but still connected. I would lock them up and call it a day if I were the B1G and SEC.

That leaves the ACC with a lot of private schools and UConn in the wind. Of course then it comes down to if the Big 12 poaches the rest or the ACC does.

Reaction Score
It's rabbit season! No it's duck season! Duck season! Rabbit season! Pow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom