Thoughts | The Boneyard

Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bill Walton. I love him and want to laugh, but I have a feeling what we're seeing the first signs of dementia and I feel like I shouldn't be laughing at impending neurodegenerative disease.

Vance gave us some much-needed points right off the bat before picking up two dumb fouls in 5 minutes. But that was the best first 5 minutes of UConn basketball all season, and he had a great game otherwise. 4/9 from the line though and fouled out.

Jalen's performance aligned perfectly with what we all initially expected from him this season. He tore apart a small, slow, less athletic D2 team. We will see how he (and Rodney, who gave us dagger after dagger) fairs playing 39 minutes a game against D1 talent going forward.

Man, Purvis really is a truck, in good and bad ways. Furthest thing from Ferrari. Was huge in crunch time.

I like Juwan on offense and wish he took more than one shot in the 25 minutes he played. He hung around the perimeter and watched too much today

Our bigs as a whole did as they should and dominated the paint with the looks they got, but still again all got out-rebounded by our PG

We should've hung 93 on a D2 team and that's good, but defense was very concerning. Same mistakes being made. Unable to stomp Chaminade out at all like UNC did. And how are we still missing free throws?

C

Chief00

Fingers crossed on the Larrier MRI - perimeter defense, need quick hook if a guy gives his man an uncontested 3 ball.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Bill Walton. I love him and want to laugh, but I have a feeling what we're seeing the first signs of dementia and I feel like I shouldn't be laughing at impending neurodegenerative disease.

Vance gave us some much-needed points right off the bat before picking up two dumb fouls in 5 minutes. But that was the best first 5 minutes of UConn basketball all season, and he had a great game otherwise. 4/9 from the line though and fouled out.

Jalen's performance aligned perfectly with what we all initially expected from him this season. He tore apart a small, slow, less athletic D2 team. We will see how he (and Rodney, who gave us dagger after dagger) fairs playing 39 minutes a game against D1 talent going forward.

Man, Purvis really is a truck, in good and bad ways. Furthest thing from Ferrari. Was huge in crunch time.

I like Juwan on offense and wish he took more than one shot in the 25 minutes he played. He hung around the perimeter and watched too much today

Our bigs as a whole did as they should and dominated the paint with the looks they got, but still again all got out-rebounded by our PG

We should've hung 93 on a D2 team and that's good, but defense was very concerning. Same mistakes being made. Unable to stomp Chaminade out at all like UNC did. And how are we still missing free throws?
Agree about Durham. He was covered by a player 8-9 inches shorter than him today. When Chaminade was playing man-to-man, JD stayed on the perimeter...it seemed to me like he could have been very productive if isolated in the post in those instances.

Reaction Score
Could be that Durham hasn't regained confidence in his knees just yet.

Reaction Score
Hope to see the Huskies for first time this afternoon. Can someone explain Durham to me? From reading the board pre-season it seemed Ollie & posters were as high on Juwan as anyone albeit with injury-recovery expectations for this season. Yet here he is playing 25 minutes (I understand mostly out of necessity) and yet doesn't really seem to be a factor.

So is this a case of typical pre-season hype or is it truly a guy that's obviously still nursing an injury and scraping off lots of rust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom