Thoughts on SNY Tournament Preview and Geno Show 3/15 | The Boneyard

Thoughts on SNY Tournament Preview and Geno Show 3/15

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would like to hear any thoughts on both the SNY Tournament Preview and Last Geno Auriemma show. Some of my opinions / observations.

1) SNY Tournament Preview: I was disappointed that no information about Albany and Syracuse / Iowa St was given. First half on the strengths (too numerous to count) of UConn which is old news and 2nd half on things we know about the teams we already played like MD and ND. Some nice material on how Geno views the bracket. Very concerned about MD since E8 game is always the hardest and we played them already. Also his feelings if we lose. Only bad ending is if we play poorly and stink the place up, If we lose to a better team, so be it. It was not meant to be.

2) The Last Geno Auriemma show: Great stuff. Captivated when answering whether the team would go to the white house if we won the NC. Not surprised that it would be a unanimous decision (all yes or all no) but very surprised he answered it when he did not have to. Funny and heartfelt assessment of Gabby, Pheesa and Lou.

Would not trade them for any players. All three are AA. Most surprised by Gabby. Would not trade them for any other players in the country but some days, I would be happy to give them away. :D Saved his most emotional assessment for Saniya. He is really happy about her play and how she persevered.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - I have basically given up on the pre game and post game studio shows - I just don't get much info and I am not thrilled with either presenter - I actually like the radio pre/post game better when I remember to listen.

Geno show is a different matter - always enjoy them, though they do recycle a few clips too many times. Interesting answers and he is clearly really thrilled with how this team has grown this year and with how all the starters have progressed. Liked what he said about the locker room and how it is reserved for basketball with no religion or politics.

Reaction Score
I managed to miss both shows. Hope very much that SNY puts of replays of both. Always do of Geno show, dunno about tourn. preview. How long was each show?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I managed to miss both shows. Hope very much that SNY puts of replays of both. Always do of Geno show, dunno about tourn. preview. How long was each show?

You and me both!

Reaction Score

30 minutes each.

The tourney preview show was really a bunch of nothing imho. Had it on as background but nothing new or interesting was shown/talked about.

Reaction Score
Geno also said he thinks we will see some surprises in our bracket.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I HATED....

the fact the show was only 30 min long, as I could listen to him opine for another 2 hours! :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom