Thoughts on Mothers Day | The Boneyard

Thoughts on Mothers Day

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For all of us, Mothers Day is a time to cherish our relationship with our moms whether they are still with us or they have passed on. For many who’s moms are still with them, Mothers Day brunch will unfortunately be replaced this year by FaceTime.

For me, the greatest single influence in my passionate support of UConn WBB was my mother. While I grew up in CT, I was pretty much a casual fan. Not so for mom. Like many Italian-American women in CT, mom adored Geno. We all knew never to call her during a UConn game, and god forbid if you scheduled a wedding reception or funeral when a UConn game was on tv.

I love UConn WBB for many reasons. Above all else, I continue to root for UConn WBB because the Huskies are mom’s team. Happy Mother’s Day to moms everywhere.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Given the present circumstances we all are living with, it's a good time to reflect on our owns lives.

I took the time to write a note to my beautiful wife to go with the Mother's Day card. She is a fantastic wife, mother and nana. She refuses to be called grandma or grandmother!

So take a moment for that special person.

Happy Mother's Day to the Boneyard mothers, grandmothers and yes - great grandmothers!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Care to share is her secret to a long happy life?;)
Ask her and she'll tell you it's Oil of Olay. She was in vaudeville as a child and has been an entertainer most of her life, including a role in Pajama Game on Broadway. She performed what was billed as a "One Woman Sit Down Show" until she was 99, telling jokes--often bawdy--and singing. She was 5-10 and now she's 5-4 but while her height has diminished, she still possess her mental faculties. She's outlived three younger siblings by 20-40 years so I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

Health and happiness to all the moms.

Reaction Score
1589146077904.png

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
She was in vaudeville as a child and has been an entertainer most of her life, including a role in Pajama Game on Broadway.

What a wonderful show, One of my all time fav's
Such a great cast... The great songs, Bob Fosse's magical choreography,, John Raitt, Eddy Foy, Janis Paige, Carol Haney...
There's a complete lis of the cast at

Who was she?
Did she do opening night?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Ask her and she'll tell you it's Oil of Olay. She was in vaudeville as a child and has been an entertainer most of her life, including a role in Pajama Game on Broadway. She performed what was billed as a "One Woman Sit Down Show" until she was 99, telling jokes--often bawdy--and singing. She was 5-10 and now she's 5-4 but while her height has diminished, she still possess her mental faculties. She's outlived three younger siblings by 20-40 years so I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

Health and happiness to all the moms.
God Bless!!! My Mom's mind went at about 93 / 94ish, though the body struggled on till age 97. So happy for you.

The oldest folks I have met were both just about 100. "Mrs. Obermeyer" was my mother's landlady for part of the time when she was quite little, and I guess spent a long hard-working life. Nearing 100, she was flying back and forth to Florida regularly, to care for her similarly aged, but younger, sister who had terminal cancer. At her 100th birthday party she looked like 80.

The other was my Great (and Great again)-Aunt Mary Heiser (i.e. my Grandmother's aunt), who lived in the area of Pennsylvania where part of my family arose. She lived at home with her not-so-young son and wife. I only remember meeting her once, she was proudly bragging (correctly) that part of an episode of a TV western had recently been filmed in her backyard. We visited after her death and I remember her son giving my mother a strand of Jet beads (coal) that had been in the family for over 100 years as a rememberance.

So, again, so happy that your Mom is doing so well.

Reaction Score
Treasure your mother and your wife. They are our rocks. When the storms of life are trying to sweep us away they are the lighthouse and the ship that rescues us. And in the end they only thing they ask is that we recognize them. God bless all of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom