Thoughts on game, AAC, the future | The Boneyard

Thoughts on game, AAC, the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I just got home after attending the game and running some errands and had time to think in the car.

The Game:
The crowd was off the hook, Boartright and DHam were off, and the refs can go
f@*k off
  • I have never seen worse officiating than I did in this tourney, Phantom calls, missed calls, momentum killers, you name it).
  • I have never seen a Husky team in the 35 years I've followed the program, with the lack of inside scoring that this team has. It's completey non-existent. You should able to get 10-15 points per game from the center rotation. We can only dream of that kind of production. Brimah will never be an offensive threat. We need a center with some offensive game in the worst way. I know we aren't getting Diamond Stone, but he or or a similar player is what we desparately need.
  • We got man-handled on the boards 43-30. Offensive rebounds especially. It seemed that they came when we most needed a stop.
  • Purvis is not a spot up shooter. As great a game as he played, you just don't have the time to dribble into into your shot. I don't see the NBA in his future.
  • When Boatright went down early in the game, I and probably the majority of the fans thought, "We're gonna lose." The reason, first he's the motor of this team, and second, there is no one else on this team capable of handling the ball.
  • Props to the large Husky fan in the section behind the SMU band who nearly took on the fan section that starter the "N-I-T" chant late in the game. You don't come into our house with your 100 fans and pull that . he single handedly shut them the hell up. Thanks for stepping up. Also, not the brightest thing for the SMU fans to do when you have 14,000 pissed Husky fans all around you. We're not giving you Southern hospitality in Hartford, sorry.
  • I would have guessed that the place was 80% full. Why were ticket prices jacked up that much when there were so many unused tickets. I sat in 107 and there were two whole rows empty plus many scattered seats.
The AAC:
  • Note to UCONN: I will never purchase any UCONN gear if it has the AAC logo anywhere on it. Don't do it.
  • If you want to make the tourney from this scrap heap conference, you better plan on winning the regular season or conference tourney. That's the definition of a mid-major conference. This is where we are now.
The Future:
  • We desparately need a big man with some offensive game.
  • We need a couple more ball handlers and quickly. We can't count on Adams doing it all next year. He'll get in foul trouble, need breaks etc. and the other guards on this team are downright scary. No handle whatsoever.
  • The post -season ban and KO's inability to close the deal with highly regarded recruits has resulted in a roster filled with players who will never even be role players. They were warm bodies who were signed because we couldn't get anyone else. I won't name them, but we all know who they are.
  • We are the most up and down program in the nation. We seem to miss the tourney every four years and win a national championship at a similar rate. I want the consistency seen in other elite programs because there's nothing worse than missing the NCAA Tournament and not even having a chance to see how you stack up, or worse, to not be able to defend your title.
  • I think as long as we stay in the AAC, we'd better get used to seeing the NIT at season end.
  • It's time for Warde Manuel to reveal the cards he's gonna play to get us out of this conference.
search

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The AAC:
  • Note to UCONN: I will never purchase any UCONN gear if it has the AAC logo anywhere on it. Don't do it.
I kept telling my buddy that during this week's games. I will never ever soil any piece of clothing I own with that logo. I'd be far too embarrassed to wear it.

When they kept throwing the AAC t-shirts this week I said that if I ever caught one the thing would be burned before I ever decided to lower myself enough to wear it.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I kept telling my buddy that during this week's games. I will never ever soil any piece of clothing I own with that logo. I'd be far too embarrassed to wear it.

When they kept throwing the AAC t-shirts this week I said that if I ever caught one the thing would be burned before I ever decided to lower myself enough to wear it.
Me too! I was thinking to blow my nose on it and throw it back but I wasn't fortunate enough to catch one!

Reaction Score
good post, a little traumatic, i dont think that we are NIT bound every year we are in the AAC but i do believe its not a healthy conference to be for our future.

I think Uconn has taken chances on guys who were projects in the past and its worked out when they had enough veteran players on the team to counterbalance it. Unfortunately this years team seems like the majority of players are projects with only one true ball handler.

Ryan's defense was so great last year cause he could rely on his teammates to play just as tough d. Feel like this year, boatright had to be too many things and couldnt just worry about locking down his defender like we saw in the post season last year.

Reaction Score
The mainly urban focus of this conference is not a bad thing. Need to win more games and pull in better recruits. Recruiting does seem to be uptrending in basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom