Thoughts & Observations After 2 Games | The Boneyard

Thoughts & Observations After 2 Games

Reaction Score
Just got back from going to the game with all the family. Fun atmosphere and overall a pretty good size crowd for a Sunday late afternoon game!

FWIW, some things I think are worth noting, in no particular order:

-3pt shooting is MUCH improved. Part of it is much better looks with better offensive flow. CV is struggling from beyond the arc, but everyone else combined is ~47% (17/36)

-Cobb looked really good today. Very active on offense and defense!

-Rebounding effort seemed better today but still need better results

-Yakwe seems to be getting a bit more comfortable. Played tough D, showed some signs of offense. He can jump out of the gym. Can definitely see him being an effective rim protector.

-Our guard play is soooo much better than the last 2 years! Tarin Smith looks like an absolute steal so far. B Adams too. Al seems to be getting more comfortable but still dribbled himself into tough situations a few times. Not worried though. There’s a whole thread going on CV so I won’t go nuts here but he just needs to stop forcing drives and breaks and making turnovers. He had a lot of good looks from 3 today that just didn’t go down. Our ball pressure is getting really good and resulted in some turnovers.

-Polley looked like he took a step forward today. Made some nice aggressive drives to the hoop and was on from 3.

-Carlton struggled a bit today on offense vs. last game. Hesitated to make his moves on a few occasions and it resulted in the D collapsing on him with either a turnover or him getting his shot blocked.

-Hurley is a bundle of energy and is always taking opportunities to encourage and teach every second of the game. Even in garbage time, he was a total spazzy nutcase (in a very good way)

All in all, a fun and exciting team to watch so far...I am really excited to see them grow this year!!!

Reaction Score
You need to call this Brew's Clues or something if you want to take some of Chief's market share.

This is too good not to run with. Brew’s Clues it shall be. Maybe I’ll also compete against Report Card and give out beer-centric grades:

Double IPA Award (Player of the Game) - Tarin Smith

IPA Award (Honorable Mention) - Jalen Adams

Imperial Stout Award (Best Power Dunk) - Eric Cobb

Others TBD...

Reaction Score
Don't know what's wrong with letter grades + - or You can give Jalen say an 89. If he shoots an hour of 3's for extra credit after the game he can raise his score to a 91.

Reaction Score
This is too good not to run with. Brew’s Clues it shall be. Maybe I’ll also compete against Report Card and give out beer-centric grades:

Double IPA Award (Player of the Game) - Tarin Smith

IPA Award (Honorable Mention) - Jalen Adams

Imperial Stout Award (Best Power Dunk) - Eric Cobb

Others TBD...

Maybe you could do a rhubarb saison or a wheat wine with hibiscus aged on oak foeders?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom