Thoughts....from Lincoln | The Boneyard

Thoughts....from Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So as I sit in a hotel room in Lincoln, Nebraska, this is what I think about Uconn football at the quarter pole position:

The defense is there. It plays well when we need it and I love the fight. Diaco is clearly a defensive coach and notre dame has struggled on that side of ball since his departure.

The offense is a sight for sore eyes. I would rather watch a bag of pubes try to execute an offense than ours. When we opened it up against navy it was beautiful...then we saw the ending...

The bills fired there OC after week 2. I would love for uconn to follow suit and just get rid of OCFV. Would rather have sherreifs calling plays from the line a la Peyton manning.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I am wondering if it is really the fault of OCFV or if it is Diaco that is standing in the way of the offense? There was a quote somewhere that said in practice they sling the ball around and look amazing and then they get into the games and it is like a 1965 Iowa @ Northwestern barn burner. Shirreffs is a smart kid- I agree that he definitely should have the option to adjust plays or audible to a second called play at the line if he sees something. Frustrating when it feels like we're running into 8 or even 9 man boxes and there's nothing Bryant can do about it.

Agreed about the defense. They are fun to watch and because of them we will be close in almost every game we play. We just need any form of a pass rush- I think Ward Jr is going to eat us alive in 2 weeks

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
still a lot of called passes that end up as runs. whether that's on the OL or the QB or a combination of both is probably moot. when you see fast offenses, it's not just line of scrimmage tempo, it's getting the ball out of the qb's hands quickly... pass, run, play action... all of our stuff seems to take forever to develop... as others have noted, even our shotgun snaps are slow getting back...

Reaction Score
I am wondering if it is really the fault of OCFV or if it is Diaco that is standing in the way of the offense?

It's right to wonder about it. Randy Edsall (another former Defensive minded HC) held back Rob Ambrose in a similar fashion. Notice how Ambrose at Towson was much more creative?
I thought he was way to conservative when he was here as OC and this board had lots of complaints. So when I had the chance, I asked Tyler Lorenzen if he was frustrated by Ambrose's conservative play calling. He looked at me with a wry smile and said "it's not Ambrose".

Drew

Reaction Score
It's right to wonder about it. Randy Edsall (another former Defensive minded HC) held back Rob Ambrose in a similar fashion. Notice how Ambrose at Towson was much more creative?
I thought he was way to conservative when he was here as OC and this board had lots of complaints. So when I had the chance, I asked Tyler Lorenzen if he was frustrated by Ambrose's conservative play calling. He looked at me with a wry smile and said "it's not Ambrose".

This is my thinking as well. I hinted at this in the other thread but running the ball doesn't have to be a plain boring up the middle run every play. Adding in variety through formations and power/speed runs options and sweeps would open this offense up tremendously and still probably be within the type of style of play Bob D wants. Hell at this point I'm convinced Bob wants us to run the freakin wishbone!

Drew

Reaction Score

And we get our answer

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I would rather watch a bag of pubes try to execute an offense than ours.

Someone better at Photoshop than I needs to create Senhor running with a football. Maybe a UConn helmet upon his disturbing head, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom