Those are some butt ugly helmets... | The Boneyard

Those are some butt ugly helmets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
that Oregon is wearing. Be grateful for our Husky unis and helmets.

Reaction Score
I actually think they're pretty awesome. The whole uniform looks sharp.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They're wearing solar panels on their heads.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Those helmets are sick I wish we had the Nike connection.

Reaction Score
There should be some kind of rule against wearing reflective mirrors on your helmets. That said, I think these are Oregon's nicest uniforms.

Reaction Score
Holy cow those are college students, right? Someone make public speaking a required course at Oregon.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Those unis are really sweet. I definitely prefer when they go mostly green and then the helmets were the icing on the cake. I don't think UConn should have a different look for every game, but a third jersey color or maybe something special with the helmets (like reprising the two sided white/blue helmet) for special occasions might be good.

Reaction Score
I know it's becoming the trend now, but are you guys for all these alternate unis everyone's dishing out? Especially for bowl games. Call me old school, but I like the "one home, one road uni, keep it simple" style that UConn has now. Let one look define your school brand.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Let one look define your school brand.

UConn's problem is we have one look for football, one for men's basketball, one for women's basketball, one for baseball, and our other sports just do whatever. We don't really have any one look defining our school brand.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I agree with you as it relates solely to football and having just a home and an away uniform. I just wish the athletic department would focus on coming up with one logo/scheme that would cover all our sports to really give UConn one school brand. Seems to me it would make UConn more identifiable.

Reaction Score
They have a pretty nice connection at Oregon in Phil Knight....those are sweet

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I agree with you as it relates solely to football and having just a home and an away uniform. I just wish the athletic department would focus on coming up with one logo/scheme that would cover all our sports to really give UConn one school brand. Seems to me it would make UConn more identifiable.

i could go on for days about this issue. in short i want one logo for all sports but hockey/baseball. those 2 get the old english c unis done up right for those sports. the rest get 1 logo like the block C and so on...

Reaction Score
I think the helmets were great. They get a ton of recruits because of the Nike connection, why wouldn't they keep changing things up.

Reaction Score
Those helmets are sick I wish we had the Nike connection.
Only if we could avoid their horrible fashion sense. Maryland's Underarmour and Oregon's Nike
connections make a mockery of college football.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
They have a pretty nice connection at Oregon in Phil Knight....those are sweet
Meh, we have connections too. We could hit up Bobby Burton for some paper products. Booyaah.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I hate to invoke Penn State's name for any reason for fear of backlash, but as far as unis, I love what Penn State has done. Just simple white and blue, no frills, just classy and old school- and they've not changed in forever.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Most of the Terp uniforms and helmets I saw were repulsive. The Oregon helmets for the Rose Bowl looked pretty sweet to me. I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder as they say.

Reaction Score
Like Penn St, Southern Cal and Alabama, we should keep our current unis and helmets as is. They will forever define Husky Football. These garrish Nike and Underarmour variations are a fad and remind me of those Houston Astro multicolored abominations of the 80's or the constant changes of several NBA teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom