Thomas Lucas | The Boneyard

Thomas Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just thought I would mention him before practice starts tomorrow. He came to UConn as a defensive back but was moved to WR this season.

He really caught my eye at the spring game. When I watch WR I look for how they move. How smoothly they come out of their break. If you have ever watched the slo-mo of the cheetah running that is making the rounds on the internet, watch the cheetah's head, it never moves. I kinda look for the same thing with receivers. Less motion means a better athlete.

I also thought he showed good hands and caught the ball away from his body. Which, not incidentally, is a pretty big body. At 6-2, 198, he has the size to be bigger than most of the DBs he will face. He is not a burner. He does have enough speed to make some big plays.

I'll be very much interested in the progress of Thomas. He is someone worth keeping an eye on. He is #8 in your Huskies program.

Reaction Score
Reminded me a lot of a former UConn WR who I liked a lot that unfortunately never saw the field: Gerrard Sheppard.

Reaction Score
Gerrard Sheppard ... coincidentally ... showed up as I was scanning the NFL transaction wire. He just got an advancement at one of the teams ... I would look it up quick if I didn't have stuff to do.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Gerrard Sheppard ... coincidentally ... showed up as I was scanning the NFL transaction wire. He just got an advancement at one of the teams ... I would look it up quick if I didn't have stuff to do.
Wikipedia says Green Bay Packers. He spent last year on the Raven Practice Squad.

Reaction Score
He reminds me a little of O'Neil Wilson, the man who scored the firs TD in Rentschler Field history.

Reaction Score
I posted it in the other thread as well.

The kid barely saw the field here and he's still getting a look at the next level. What does that tell you about Edsall's eye for talent?!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The kid barely saw the field here and he's still getting a look at the next level. What does that tell you about Edsall's eye for talent?!
It was as keen as his taste for boiled chicken and white rice.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Just thought I would mention him before practice starts tomorrow. He came to UConn as a defensive back but was moved to WR this season.

He really caught my eye at the spring game. When I watch WR I look for how they move. How smoothly they come out of their break. If you have ever watched the slo-mo of the cheetah running that is making the rounds on the internet, watch the cheetah's head, it never moves. I kinda look for the same thing with receivers. Less motion means a better athlete.

I also thought he showed good hands and caught the ball away from his body. Which, not incidentally, is a pretty big body. At 6-2, 198, he has the size to be bigger than most of the DBs he will face. He is not a burner. He does have enough speed to make some big plays.

I'll be very much interested in the progress of Thomas. He is someone worth keeping an eye on. He is #8 in your Huskies program.

Good call.

We've seen dominating spring practice performances from guys translate - Lutrus, Shamar Stephens.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good call.

We've seen dominating spring practice performances from guys translate - Lutrus, Shamar Stephens.

Fella named Donald Brown....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek