This year's team and results are a bundle of invalid data | The Boneyard

This year's team and results are a bundle of invalid data

Reaction Score
We're all disappointed, but to evaluate this team, or its coaches, based on the results and performance of this season seems wrong to me. We lost 40% of our starting lineup early in the year.

Forty Percent! That's simply too big of a handicap to overcome. Not only does it affect the games, but it also makes it very difficult to conduct quality practices. Personally, I am simply dismissing everything about this team except the positive and unexpected contributions from young players who were not supposed to play more than a supporting role; and also my unmet expectations of some of our bigs. Beyond that, I consider this season to be a bad dream that I will wake up from on October 15th. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
If we hadn't lost to Wagner and to Northeastern with our complete roster, you would have a very good point. But this team had huge problems before the injuries.

Reaction Score
We al
If we hadn't lost to Wagner and to Northeastern with our complete roster, you would have a very good point. But this team had huge problems before the injuries.
We also got bitch-slapped at home by St Bonaventure early in the 01/02 season and were a Steve Blake prayer away from the final four, Providence ran a dunk fest against us in 03/04 season, Louisville beat us by 30 last reg season game in 13/14, etc.

It was going to take some time acclimating the new faces and new roles this year. Anyone extrapolating from the first two games doesn't know basketball, and doesn't know UConn basketball in particular.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I personally hate that excuse. Do people really think the team wouldn't have improved even more so if the entire roster was healthy. Just to get back to .500 with the roster as is was an accomplishment showing improvement. If they don't show tremendous improvements next year then we'll see.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's not a 1 year sample where we are under performing though. This is the 3rd straight season as a whole where we haven't played UConn Basketball.

Everyone here complains about the AAC ruining our program, yet we can't even come close to sniffing a regular season title.

NIT, 9 seed, No post season.

I would absolutely guarantee you that if KO wasn't a former UConn player the heat would be unbearable right now.

Reaction Score
He gets a mulligan on this season, there's just too many injuries to accurately assess. But next year, with a healthy roster, there needs to be results. They need to come out of the gate with defined roles and win games. Wagner and Northeastern (they did beat Mich St too) were unacceptable, and it looked like our players had met each other 2 hours before the games. That can't happen again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom