This weeks Top 25 | The Boneyard

This weeks Top 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nova being ranked is ridiculous
Is it? Ranked 11 Preseason, they're beating the cupcakes on the schedule by a lot and only have 2 losses to teams currently ranked in in the top 5.

Reaction Score
Is it? Ranked 11 Preseason, they're beating the cupcakes on the schedule by a lot and only have 2 losses to teams currently ranked in in the top 5.
they got blown out by both teams they played that have a pulse. Their best win is against Akron.

Do you look at their resume and believe they deserve to be ranked?

Reaction Score
they got blown out by both teams they played that have a pulse. Their best win is against Akron.

Yes, they deserve to be ranked. Akron, Georgia Tech and Saint Joes are all decent (Kenpom top 100) wins and Nova hasn't lost to anyone bad. They got smoked by one of the best teams in the country in OU (this tends to happen when you shoot 4-32 from deep). Not sure what UVA game you watched but they certainly didn't get blown out...

I definitely understand your point and that is a fundamental flaw with the way NCAAB pre-season ranks are overvalued throughout the season.

Reaction Score

If preseason expectations still mean anything, who cares that they got beat by the two teams that they lost to. Those are the kenpom #1 and #2 teams right now.

Reaction Score

Of course they deserve to be ranked. Their two losses are to quite possibly two of the best five teams in the country, both away from home.

You can't find 25 teams with no bad losses and nothing but double digit victories - a few of which against decent teams.

Reaction Score
If preseason expectations still mean anything, who cares that they got beat by the two teams that they lost to. Those are the kenpom #1 and #2 teams right now.
no shame in their 2 loses, but they got run out of the gym by oklahoma and lost by 11 to UVA, that is more my issue. Maybe I just still get infuriated by the Nova hype (from outsiders not on this board), they are what they are every year, which is nothing special

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
We drop out....next group receiving votes

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll
Was shocked they even made it in there last week. Not shocked they dropped out after a single digit victory against god awful UMass-Lowell. Just beat Texas next week and things will take care of themselves.

Reaction Score
Was shocked they even made it in there last week. Not shocked they dropped out after a single digit victory against god awful UMass-Lowell. Just beat Texas next week and things will take care of themselves.

No one dropped UConn because of the UMass-Lowell win. 10 point wins against crud at this point of the season happens often.

If we didn't deserve to be ranked last week (a case could easily be made) you'd think that an Ohio State win over Kentucky would make UConn's 20 win over OSU look even more impressive.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
No one dropped UConn because of the UMass-Lowell win. 10 point wins against crud at this point of the season happens often.

If we didn't deserve to be ranked last week (a case could easily be made) you'd think that an Ohio State win over Kentucky would make UConn's 20 win over OSU look even more impressive.
Although I do agree, I wondered how we made #25 last week. Now I am wondering how we dropped. I agree with poster above, beat Texas. My opinion, it is a huge game for the pups. Revenge and in their house. What a great win it will be.

caw

Reaction Score

One poll dropped UConn because Utah beat Duke. I happen to believe Utah is a top 25 team, so I have no problem there.

Reaction Score
The beautiful thing about college basketball is that, unlike college football, it doesn't matter too much what the pollsters think. If you get yourself into the tournament, you get a chance to prove who you are.

Reaction Score

This requires research, comparative analysis and some concentrated decision making. I really believe that the judges/rankers don't spend much time except for snap decision making. It seems easier staying in that getting back in, only because I believe it requires less effort from the judges (coaches and writers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom