This week's Associated Press WCBB poll | The Boneyard

This week's Associated Press WCBB poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
North Carolina has been very impressive and is now ranked #6, would not be surprised if they continue to do well in the ACC and make it to the F4.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Alright, alright, alright. The season keeps getting older, and UCONN stays the same #1.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Wow, Texas got a whole vote.

Somebody needs to watch some games.

In the meantime, Middle Tennessee, with zero wins over ranked teams, is in the rankings? If I'm Texas, I'm gonna feel dissed. Middle Tennessee beats ODU and that's worth 84 points. Texas beats ranked WVU, and gets a single, solitary point.

Last edited:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Bowling Green, with zero wins over ranked teams—they only played one, and lost—and a loss to Central Michigan, is somehow considered stronger than Texas?

Reaction Score
Lets see the 2 top 10 team ND and MD play tonight.......Is MD too athletic for this ND team on the road?.........My gut says that ND will pull away in the 2nd half............MD needs to have more than # 25 show up.........If MD jumps on ND early by double digits, it could be a good watch in the 2nd half...........

HGN

Reaction Score
I think ND just has too much firepower for MD to keep up.....MD has super star Alyssa Thomas and not enough consistent help around her. But I am pulling for MD in this one.

Reaction Score
I don't care who wins. I do want a triple double for Thomas.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
#21 Cal is the team that at this point seems to be getting way too much love in the rankings according to the rating services that have the Bears at #37 (Sagarin), #29 (Massey), and #44 (Nolan).

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wonder if ND runs the table over the next two weeks beating Maryland, Va Tech, Duke and Fla State if some voters in either poll will give them a couple of #1 votes. UConn plays Temple, Cincinnati, SMU and Louisville. If they beat Louisville, then they probably keep all the #1 votes.

Reaction Score
Wonder if ND runs the table over the next two weeks beating Maryland, Va Tech, Duke and Fla State if some voters in either poll will give them a couple of #1 votes.

UConn has played and beaten the best two teams of the four you mentioned. If UConn remains unbeaten, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to take any first place votes from them.

Reaction Score
Wow, Texas got a whole vote.
Somebody needs to watch some games.

They may have watched Texas' game with TCU. The Longhorns lost to a mediocre-at-best Horned Frog squad.

MTSU has won 16 in a row, which is notable, though admittedly the competition has been weak.

That said, I'd rank TX above conference-mate Iowa St and Florida St, both of which have lost 4 of 5. But so much of the voting is, unfortunately, inertia.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
They may have watched Texas' game with TCU. The Longhorns lost to a mediocre-at-best Horned Frog squad.

That is a good point. I don't know how they managed to lose that game, and that may be the reason.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wonder if ND runs the table over the next two weeks beating Maryland, Va Tech, Duke and Fla State if some voters in either poll will give them a couple of #1 votes. UConn plays Temple, Cincinnati, SMU and Louisville. If they beat Louisville, then they probably keep all the #1 votes.
If ND runs that gauntlet, they will basically be just catching up to the gauntlet Uconn has already run - and dispatched in very convincing fashion.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
And remember, UConn has to play Louisville at least twice, more likely 3x and possibly a 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom