This was very satisfying to read | The Boneyard

This was very satisfying to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
That's certainly a "who's who" isn't it? If you asked me to randomly name the top-10 ... that'd pretty much be it (although let's face it, every team outside of UConn would trade places with Duke.) Although I guess I'm a little surprised that Nova isn't there.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I actually got buried in downvotes by a sea of Kansas fans on reddit yesterday for saying Kansas has historically underachieved in the tournament relative to seed, hype and rank coming into the dance each year. The fact that they have 17 or something with only 3 titles is the only stat I need personally but this is thorough as well.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I actually got buried in downvotes by a sea of Kansas fans on reddit yesterday for saying Kansas has historically underachieved in the tournament relative to seed, hype and rank coming into the dance each year. The fact that they have 17 or something with only 3 titles is the only stat I need personally but this is thorough as well.
I saw that, I upvoted you buddy. I upvoted you.

Reaction Score
I'm a yuge Big East guy, but the good, ol' Big East is representing mighty heavily on that list.

Reaction Score
I'm a yuge Big East guy, but the good, ol' Big East is representing mighty heavily on that list.

And this is why UConn had to repeatedly save the conference's bacon over two decades.

The other schools contributed basically nothing until Louisville came along.

Reaction Score
5 of the top 6 teams now reside in the same conference...the ACC, even though 4 of those used to be in the old BE. But does this just further support the idea that the ACC really had a special talent for plucking the gems from the old BE (ie -BCU, Miami, L'ville, plus these star performers)?? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That right there is what started the narrative (off the general media) of the "Big Least" where we beat up on each other, get their rankings inflated, and underperform in March. It's what many here are crying out re: this year's Pac-12

Reaction Score
5 of the top 6 teams now reside in the same conference...the ACC, even though 4 of those used to be in the old BE. But does this just further support the idea that the ACC really had a special talent for plucking the gems from the old BE (ie -BCU, Miami, L'ville, plus these star performers)?? :rolleyes:
Not plucking the gems, or even the low-hanging fruit; gathering up old fruit that has over-ripened and fallen from the tree

Reaction Score
Not plucking the gems, or even the low-hanging fruit; gathering up old fruit that has over-ripened and fallen from the tree
You're right! I should have put the word gems in quotes....over-ripened fruit might be a better reference though. ;)

Reaction Score
That right there is what started the narrative (off the general media) of the "Big Least" where we beat up on each other, get their rankings inflated, and underperform in March. It's what many here are crying out re: this year's Pac-12
Let's hope the Pac-12 underperforms in March...especially Colorado!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom