This was a Pasquiloni'esque loss. | The Boneyard

This was a Pasquiloni'esque loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any good feelings I had about this staff after last week are all gone this week. No defensive adjustments, terrible play calling and misuse of players. Why didn't Foxx come back in when they were down 21-14 with momentum? Why did they wait until the middle of the third to use Foxx? The RB handoff out of the spread option was open for huge gains today with Foxx as the decoy.

Whitmer was himself. Played like a warrior, missed opportunities at times and threw a pick at the worst possible time.

But this one is on the coaches.

Reaction Score
If I hear one positive word coming out of Diaco's mouth............................................

Reaction Score
I don't think so. PLease don't ever compare Diaco to PP.
This was a sheeshow of a coaching performance. Cannot sugar coat this. The time out management is a mystery for this staff. Yeah let's waste them down two scores, but with one left, you barely avoid a delay of game near the goal line, snap the ball in a state of confusion and your senior QB throws a 100 yd pick six, but hey he saved that last time out.

Diaco is getting paid for the on the job training. This is terrible and its on the coaching, but you know what the Army cheer on the sideline was a thing to watch, "you got my back, I got your back". That would have been sweet if it didn't come at our expense.

Reaction Score
A lot of us knew in Coach P's first year at this point in time.The others just didn't want to see it or thought he would magically be different the next year, or the year after that...
Does anybody think this coach is going to totally transform himself? I'm seeing the college equivalent of Ray Handley here.

Reaction Score

Why not?

What the hell has Diaco ever done? He's unproven and looked like an amateur today.

No sense of urgency from anyone in this program.

Reaction Score
A lot of us knew in Coach P's first year at this point in time.The others just didn't want to see it or thought he would magically be different the next year, or the year after that...
Does anybody think this coach is going to totally transform himself? I'm seeing the college equivalent of Ray Handley here.
I need to see him with a different starting QB before I can truly judge. I believe we have the WRs and the Oline has improved to have an open offense, but on that pick 6, that is why you can't consistently trust whitmer to throw the ball and you MUST play conservatively.

I felt terrible for the rest of the team. Even the defense, they forced a punt down one score and we go three and out. The specials get the onside kick.

Even whitmer was playing well on the last two drives, but it's like he wakes up and says "I'm Chandler Whitmer, I have to force a throw that is not necessary and turn it over".

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Yale beat Army. Welcome back to 1977 UConn Football!! What a disgrace.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Any good feelings I had about this staff after last week are all gone this week. No defensive adjustments, terrible play calling and misuse of players. Why didn't Foxx come back in when they were down 21-14 with momentum? Why did they wait until the middle of the third to use Foxx? The RB handoff out of the spread option was open for huge gains today with Foxx as the decoy.

Whitmer was himself. Played like a warrior, missed opportunities at times and threw a pick at the worst possible time.

But this one is on the coaches.

When my wife read this, she thought you had our family room bugged. She couldn't stand me after a while, but I'm glad to see someone of like mind. Well said!

Reaction Score
This was awful - the upbeat feeling generated by the hockey team is a distant memory. Comparing this debacle to a Pasqualoni experience is not far fetched. This brought back terrible memories of the last 3 years. Advice to Diaco - since you lost to a team you should have beaten you owe us a win over someone we should not beat.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Worst loss this season. By far. I'm ready to stab myself in the face with a shard of a CL Smooth empty.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BoatShow said:
Forward progress call? Worst thing ever

This incensed me. How can the booth call forward progress if the field officials didn't.

Slightly less noticed was the mugging in the end zone on the int.

Reaction Score
this regime has taken program further back than 1977 as previous dudette stated

i was in memorial stadia in 1970 when big bad Baldwin-Wallace U. out of Ohio and a Div III doormat carved huskies into doggeee meat

baldwin was a last minute replacement on schedule because one of regular div2 husky opponents had to cancel due to some mega Viet War protest that left their campus in shambles

Reaction Score
Three mistakes by the offense in the beginning, the defense getting beat to the edges consistently and instead of throwing it away another ill advised pass at the worst possible time. That's the game right there.

• The Boyle experiment is really just a waste of downs. It gives him 3-6 plays worth of experience a game? I guess it's better than nothing and I'm sure if UConn is up by four touchdowns he'd be seeing prolonged time but the offense needs to score now..not next year. Now that the season is officially lost I wonder if Diaco will give him more than a couple of sets.
  • The Foxx substitution is only effective if he can keep the defense honest by completing a pass.
  • I'm glad Puyol is getting his mistakes in this year. I doubt we'll see him shank another kickoff into the sidelines.
  • Saw a couple defensive starters go down to injury. Hope it was just dings and not anything serious.
  • I liked Diaco's approach to calls by the officials. Your not going to change their mind anyways so no use in fretting over it.
As far as the original poster's comparison to P's performances:
The outcomes may be similar but instead of the team getting worse by the week I believe slowly but surely they are getting better. Sure... Army beat up the defense. Now they've seen just about everything anyone can throw at them short of Oregon's insane offensive pace. The Huskies will be able to seek revenge next September and it should be a good test for their meeting with Navy. The offensive line looks to be heading in the right direction, the running backs are young but very good. Same with the receivers. They'll need an experienced QB to guide them and next year will be all about that. Who starts at QB?

Hey... it's a young team all in all. I'm looking forward to next year. They'll be bigger, faster and a little more experienced. Hopefully the dumb mistakes they make this year will not be repeated next year.... to include coaching decisions.

--GO HUSKIES!!--

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Back of Army's uniforms say: "Duty. Honor. Country." Ours should say: "Last. Week. Fluke."
They actually didn't have a period after Country, and it annoyed me greatly. Why just after Duty and Honor?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Why not? It's still entirely within the realm of possibility that he could turn out to be even worse. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
ASweet3781 said:
Why not?

What the hell has Diaco ever done? He's unproven and looked like an amateur today.

No sense of urgency from anyone in this program.

Because we don't have our best qb, and we don't have as much talent. Let's see who Diaco can bring in. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom