This UCONN Team vs This UCONN Team | The Boneyard

This UCONN Team vs This UCONN Team

Reaction Score
Hypothetical. Neutral court. On one bench, UCONN. This year's players, coaching staff, everything. On the other bench, exactly the same. Exactly.

My question isn't, of course, about who wins. That's 50-50 in the long run.

It's about what kind of game is it? Can UCONN run against UCONN? Can the offensive Collier go to town on the defensive Collier, or will she have a rough time? Or do they not match-up that way, do the Genos have their Williams guard the other team's Collier? Or do they try to contain Samuelson with the length of a Collier or Williams? Will the game fly by, with neither team fouling much? Are we looking at a defensive struggle, 60-59? Or are the offenses just too good, so 80-79?

Reaction Score
I'd have to think the defense would come through on both sides resulting in a low scoring game.

Reaction Score
Hypothetical. Neutral court. On one bench, UCONN. This year's players, coaching staff, everything. On the other bench, exactly the same. Exactly.

It's about what kind of game is it? Can UCONN run against UCONN? Can the offensive Collier go to town on the defensive Collier, or will she have a rough time? Or do they not match-up that way, do the Genos have their Williams guard the other team's Collier? Or do they try to contain Samuelson with the length of a Collier or Williams? Will the game fly by, with neither team fouling much? Are we looking at a defensive struggle, 60-59? Or are the offenses just too good, so 80-79?
They will hold each other to 7 points in the fourth quarter. "Chang" will have three assists but four turnovers and Nurse will only be one for six behind the three point line and it looks like it's going to be a long long two weeks.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have a strong feeling that we are really going to be struggling with obscure and occasionally irrelevant threads for the next week and a half until the Huskies get back on the court. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
?
Do Harpo Marx or Lucy Ball come into play?

Only if RED gets to say: If I dood it, I get spanked: I dood it! Or a little old fat guy says: Immmmm a baaaad boy!!
And no one wins the turkey--and Harpo gets the bird.

Reaction Score
I have a strong feeling that we are really going to be struggling with obscure and occasionally irrelevant threads for the next week and a half until the Huskies get back on the court. :rolleyes:
What is obscure about Lucy, Lou, Red, Harpo---?? Yea , you are right --Yesterday is dead and gone--and tomorrow is out of sight==help me make it through the ----next 10-14 days!!

Reaction Score
IMO, the offenses have the abilities to do what none of the current teams in WCBB have the ability to do. That is to exploit the defense's main soft spot which is defending the dribble/drive. I think they'd pound the paint with drive and dish and play a 107-105 barnburner with several foul outs necessitating using the bench creating more defensive weakness.

Reaction Score
They will hold each other to 7 points in the fourth quarter. "Chang" will have three assists but four turnovers and Nurse will only be one for six behind the three point line and it looks like it's going to be a long long two weeks.
But at the end of the 3rd quarter each will have accumulated 93 points----then for 20 minutes each will put in the subs--and they shall be tied at the 5 minutes left in the game --at 100. A super exciting game, yawn!!

Reaction Score

Of course you're not referencing MY thread as being obscure and irrelevant. That such words populate your post, at this time, is surely just a coincidence. :)

Reaction Score
The though of the question posed makes my head spin.:confused:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We have about 10 or 11 days to the next game, so ...

Here's a matchup: Tennessee v. Tennessee. Same players, this year's team, but the Good Tennessee that beat 4 top-10 teams v. the Bad Tennessee that lost 11 games, including 2 to Alabama. I think the Good Tennessee wins by 30+.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In a match between this team vs. this team, this team would win. Okay, maybe that team.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
We have about 10 or 11 days to the next game, so ...

Here's a matchup: Tennessee v. Tennessee. Same players, this year's team, but the Good Tennessee that beat 4 top-10 teams v. the Bad Tennessee that lost 11 games, including 2 to Alabama. I think the Good Tennessee wins by 30+.
why would the good Tennessee show up for a game with Tennessee?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score

This me had a clever response to this question but the other me blocked it.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score

What you are basically asking: "Is our offense better than our defense?"

Reaction Score
What you are basically asking: "Is our offense better than our defense?"

Well, that's kind of it, in summary. But it's about match-ups. For instance, would you maybe put your Kia Nurse on the other team's KLS to try to deny her the ball and be in her face if she got it? Maybe you gain something by doing that, but have to give up a bit somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Well, that's kind of it, in summary. But it's about match-ups. For instance, would you maybe put your Kia Nurse on the other team's KLS to try to deny her the ball and be in her face if she got it? Maybe you gain something by doing that, but have to give up a bit somewhere else.
Ok, now I get some idea of this puzzle! It's not a mirroring game, rather it's who would guard whom on this vs this team.

Reaction Score
Interesting question

First, I would not have the player cover themselves.

The defense would be

Gabby on Pheesa
Pheesa on Gabby
Nurse on Lou
Lou on Saniya
Saniya on Nurse

Second, on defense (although easier said than done). I have Nurse not give Lou space to shoot the three and fight over he top of picks. Pheesa will sag back a little allowing Gabby to shoot the 14 footers and hope she's off that night.

On offense, set up lots of picks for Lou to shoot the 3s. Lou has also improved her ball handling skills and would have her drive to the bracket especially when defense Lou switches on offensive Lou. I would also try to have Lou post up Nurse or Saniya.

Also, spread the floor and have Saniya drive to the basket on defensive Lou if possible. Also between Saniya,Lou and Nurse, they drive and kick out for a three.

Pheesa shooting behind the arc. She has really impressed me with her 3 point shooting.

If defensive Crystal comes in, force her to the paint. If she gets help, pass to the open player.

This would be a game I would pay to watch.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am getting a headache. Head bangHead bangHead bang

Reaction Score
There would never be a game... the two Gabbys wacking the ball, would blow it up each time they tried a jump ball....:rolleyes:
:eek: LOL. This makes me laugh so much. Thanks for the entertainment!

Reaction Score
I will make a bold statement here. This team will blow any past Uconn team out the door! :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom