This UConn squad is different fall all past ones. | The Boneyard

This UConn squad is different fall all past ones.

Reaction Score
Its early in the season but I've never seen so much unity, support and watching each other's back in my long history of watching our teams. They cheer every shot, huddle up to communicate, talk excessively to each other during play, fight each other to pick up a fallen comrade, bench is fully engaged, no one pouting being taken out the game and sitting on the bench, all players on the floor are always active, encouraging each other after mistakes (this game we had a lot), Coach jubilantly cheering his players on and running on the floor (timeout called) to congratulate a hustling effort, no one is bigger than the team, complete unselfishness, no egos or cockiness, no arguing or mean looks to each other, etc... I could go on, but I have to go to work in the morning.

This is not a Calhoun type team (always tough as nails fused with talent), Ollie team (undisciplined) but distinctively a Hurley (energizer) team. They have brought in and after this win they will all be subscribers. Hurley is making is own mark here and changing the culture while doing it. When he starts bringing in his recruits, and they'll come, this team will be on top again.

Bottom line; our culture is shifting, and its so delightful to see.

Reaction Score
I was cautiously optimistic after going to see the Southern Connecticut exhibition. Everything felt different. Energy. effort. Offense. Up tempo. Pressure. And yes the head coach. He was completely engaged. I saw great stuff in our first 2 games but obviously needed to wait for Syracuse/Oregon/Iowa to really believe. Well I believe.

This is a team that deserves to be supported in person. If you live in NYC area go out to MSG tomorrow. If you live in Connecticut go to Gampel and XL. They deserve it.

Reaction Score
Hopefully some of the turnovers are due to the unfamiliar zone and will be reduced against more conventional defenses. We did shoot abnormally week from 3, but putting up 80+ against that defense is nice.

Reaction Score
Fouls and turnovers will be higher with this intense guard pressure approach but we need to get on FT’s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom