This Tyrese Martin guy can rebound. | The Boneyard

This Tyrese Martin guy can rebound.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
02CF2024-E12B-4E85-8CC9-8E8AF5D49F2D.jpeg

Holy hell.

Reaction Score
That’s the type of lo-fi graphics this board needs.

His frame, leaping ability, excellent timing and energy makes a heck of a recipe for an excellent rebounder.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I love that they call him a guard, when he is playing Power Forward. Carlton is listed as a “Forward” and hasn’t played a minute at any position but Center in 4 years.

Martin has the instincts and desire to be a rebounder. We need it. Need him to get us running more often off of those rebounds.

Reaction Score
Rebounding and defense are his ticket to playing time. He makes very, very few mistakes on this end.

If we can find a way to get him straight line drives to his right and some confidence hitting open 3s, he is going to be a real weapon.

IMO he has the potential to be a top-notch roleplayer. He embraces doing the little things and the less than flashy work that winning teams need

Reaction Score
Hurley wants him to score a little more. From today's Journal Inquirer.

… In addition to Cole, junior forward Tyrese Martin is among those who might be the viable second scoring option Hurley is looking for. “He’s got to be a guy that gets us 10 points, 7 rebounds and is a hell of a defender. And that’s on me. I have to figure out what positions to put him in for him to get 10 a game for us,” Hurley said.

Free access: Tough break: UConn's Jackson out with injury

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Hurley wants him to score a little more. From today's Journal Inquirer.

… In addition to Cole, junior forward Tyrese Martin is among those who might be the viable second scoring option Hurley is looking for. “He’s got to be a guy that gets us 10 points, 7 rebounds and is a hell of a defender. And that’s on me. I have to figure out what positions to put him in for him to get 10 a game for us,” Hurley said.

Free access: Tough break: UConn's Jackson out with injury
Has he said anything about Sanogo recently? In a limited sample size he’s been the most productive player for us on a per minute basis outside of Bouk. And I feel like he hasn’t played anywhere near his best basketball yet. Yet his minutes are on a downward trajectory. Foul rate is his only glaring problem thus far but that’s obviously not something that Hurley cares all that much about. His usage has been interesting to me

Reaction Score
Has he said anything about Sanogo recently? In a limited sample size he’s been the most productive player for us on a per minute basis outside of Bouk. And I feel like he hasn’t played anywhere near his best basketball yet. Yet his minutes are on a downward trajectory. Foul rate is his only glaring problem thus far but that’s obviously not something that Hurley cares all that much about. His usage has been interesting to me
I agree Sanogo looks very good offensively in his limited minutes. But watch him on defense. He's pretty lost on that side of the ball and is probably the reason why he hasn't played more.

Reaction Score

Sanogo's difficulties are all on the defensive end. But it's not his physical limitations, it's simply reps and experience. When to hedge, when to fall back. He has been losing his man repeatedly and getting sealed.

Reaction Score
We seemed to be fighting each other for rebounds last game and then lost it out of bounds. That has to get sorted out. Those extra possessions for our opponent are always killers.

Reaction Score
Sanogo has big upside, but he is still raw. Are you going to sit Whaley to get him more playing time? Whaley needs to be on the floor as much as possible if you are looking to win.
I bashed him a lot last year but Carlton has earned his minutes this year. Despite getting beat on the pick and role near the end against Creighton, he was pretty solid in his minutes.
It's a nice problem to have. It seemed like the last 5 years we've been debating who the program needs to move on from and whose there outside the program that could come in and help. Things are changing.

Reaction Score
I understand his defensive liabilities but in order to develop him I want Sanogo to get the minutes. Maybe it pays off in the long term, he is our future. All of these guys even Whalley get burned on defense.

Reaction Score
I'm all in on Martin.. He fights, he finishes, he works. Ended up on the wrong end of a few weird 50/50 balls on Sunday but I'm all in on the kid.. He needs to play 34-35 mins a game

Reaction Score
I understand his defensive liabilities but in order to develop him I want Sanogo to get the minutes. Maybe it pays off in the long term, he is our future. All of these guys even Whalley get burned on defense.
This is the case with a few guys on this team. It’s up to Hurley to sort it out. I say play the youngsters as much as possible in this abbreviated season. Let them get experience so when things get back to normal, they’re ready to go.

Reaction Score
personally I think we just have to go with whoever is hot. Everyone in the front court should be battling for minutes all season long.

TJT

Reaction Score
Martin is going to be a great role player coming off the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom