This time for sure - Official UCONN vs Cincinnati prediction thread | The Boneyard

This time for sure - Official UCONN vs Cincinnati prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually saw a lot of positives on Saturday. Certain parts of UCONN's game were immensly better like the OL and defense. I think Boyle and the receivers settle in and UCONN puts up some points and it's the Huskies 27-17.

Reaction Score
I actually saw a lot of positives on Saturday. Certain parts of UCONN's game were immensly better like the OL and defense. I think Boyle and the receivers settle in and UCONN puts up some points and it's the Huskies 27-17.

Completely agree. Not really sure why there are a number of posts about Boyle being terrible, etc on here. I guess they watched a different game than I did. If balls are caught, UCONN wins yesterday going away. I liked what I saw and also like the defense. 6 points is 6 points. I'm thinking 31-28 UCONN.

Reaction Score
I saw the spread and Cincy is -15. Tough one to call. First road game for Boyle won't be easy. Temple rushed for 176 yds
(5.7 yds per carry) vs Cincy.

We need to keep it close and run well. If we get far behind it could be trouble for Boyle and company.

Always predict a win. 24-23 good guys.

Reaction Score
Wishful thinking unfortunately. While I think we put a few more points on the board, Cincy has too much offense for us..35-17 Cincy. Hate to say it, but on the way to 0-8.

Reaction Score
I saw pretty much the same old team Saturday. I'm picking UConn 24-14. We always win one game we shouldn't. I thought it would be Michigan but maybe it will bee Cincinnati. I hope.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
UConn 24 - Cincy 14

Phillips will be back and healthy. With two good wide receivers, they won't be able to key up on Geremy Davis. The air attack gets going. The ground attack KEEPS going. UConn wins by double digits, and all of the sudden, the fanbase is re-energized going into Central Florida...

Reaction Score
UConn 24 - Cincy 14

Phillips will be back and healthy. With two good wide receivers, they won't be able to key up on Geremy Davis. The air attack gets going. The ground attack KEEPS going. UConn wins by double digits, and all of the sudden, the fanbase is re-energized going into Central Florida...

Dan, my favorite protege, unfortunately I doubt we see Phillips for a few more weeks. If he couldn't go vs USF I don't think one more week does it.

With that said, I think Foxx does a full lay out in the end zone with no time left on the clock and we win 24-23 like I said earlier.

How did you not see that? :cool:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dan, my favorite protege, unfortunately I doubt we see Phillips for a few more weeks. If he couldn't go vs USF I don't think one more week does it.

With that said, I think Foxx does a full lay out in the end zone with no time left on the clock and we win 24-23 like I said earlier.

How did you not see that? :cool:

Here's the thing; this is the University of Connecticut, home of the world's best kinesiology program and a damned good medical center. Phillips comes out of the tunnel like Willis Reed and goes off for 100 yards and a TD. Geremy Davis gets the other touchdown in the air, and McCombs rings the bell for 7 more. Don't worry; Foxx will get some nice moments in the jet-sweep, and people will forget about yesterday. Like I said before, when I left you I was but the learner...now I am the master...

Reaction Score
UConn 24 - Cincy 14

+1

Reaction Score

USF beat Cin, so I think we might get by them, but only if the receivers do not drop TD passes from Boyle!

Reaction Score
These dudes lost to UCF too. We could pull this one out.

Conn-28
Cinc-24

Reaction Score
Have we ever won in Cincy? We are due.

UCONN 24 Cincy 21 behind 212 rushing yards and 2 picks.

Reaction Score
Alright, let's do it!

UConn 20
Cincy 19

Boyle throws for 2 TDs, 150 yd passing, using Lyle as the main offense tool.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Not to get all Dennis Downer on y'all, but I think that this particular team finds new ways to lose games better than any team that I've ever seen. A good defensive showing against USF does not necessarily translate to a good defensive showing against Cincinnati. When you also factor in that this is the first road game for a true FR QB, our kicking game regression, and the fact that we have never won at Nippert, I expect us to find a new way to lose on Saturday. I think we'll see effort and more signs of encouragement for 2014, but I'm going with 30-17 Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
I think we see a more consistent offense but maybe less opportunities for easy scores (which we muffed against USF). Still we manage to put up 24 points but lose on a late fg or td for a 27-24 disappointment but our first solid effort against decent competition. One more week of building the foundation before we see results in the W column.

I will add it's possible we could lose the first 3 under TJ then make a big run if things progress to their potential.

Reaction Score
Wow, lots of wishful thinking here. I don't think Cincinnati is that good. Certainly not what I expected them to be. But we've lost games to teams that are much worse. Outside a total Cincy meltdown, I don't see any way UConn wins this one. Cincinnati 27 UConn 13. Maybe it stays close for a while, but the learning curve continues and in the end, lack of a consistent offense and lack of any kind of special teams play just means it is too much to overcome against a team that is better than USF (despite the loss) much better than Buffalo, playing at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom