This thread shoud go well-Ortiz to retire after 2016 | The Boneyard

This thread shoud go well-Ortiz to retire after 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And I see he opted for the season long farewell and fan blowjob tour. Maybe he'll get a rocking chair as a gift from someone!

Reaction Score
HOFer.

Yaz was my hero growing up but Ortiz is best Red Sox of my lifetime.

Reaction Score
HOFer.

C'mon GO. Yap played the wall pretty nice, this guy played the pine really nice. Yaz ran bases, got dirty, played baseball. The other was a great hitter - not sure how they compare quite honestly but hey, it's your team.

Reaction Score
And I see he opted for the season long farewell and fan blowjob tour. Maybe he'll get a rocking chair as a gift from someone!

Just remember some people here saying stuff about Jeter and even Mo. I guess now all will be fine because "that's not the kind of guy Papi is"??:eek:

Reaction Score
HOFer.

We'll see. He likely has the numbers for it, but the voters will be displaying quite a double standard if they let one PED user in, but not others.

There could be enough voters that aren't convinced based on the fact that he was a DH that whatever portion of the voters are dead set against voting for any PED user could be enough to keep him out.

The one thing I guarantee is that when 2021 rolls around, it should be a decent source of debate.

Reaction Score
C'mon GO. Yap played the wall pretty nice, this guy played the pine really nice. Yaz ran bases, got dirty, played baseball. The other was a great hitter - not sure how they compare quite honestly but hey, it's your team.

I'm so tired of that "Yaz played the wall great" garbage. Newsflash. It's not that hard. Jim Rice played it great too. So did lots of other guys, including many visiting players. Let's stop making Yaz out to be this one of a kind wizard out there. I guess the most impressive thing was that Yaz did it with a lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth all the time.

Reaction Score
I'm so tired of that "Yaz played the wall great" garbage. Newsflash. It's not that hard. Jim Rice played it great too. So did lots of other guys, including many visiting players. Let's stop making Yaz out to be this one of a kind wizard out there. I guess the most impressive thing was that Yaz did it with a lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth all the time.

Relax Deep not even sure if he played the wall well, simply stated he did know where his glove was all the time - he was a baseball player 4-5 tools, not 1.

Reaction Score
No surprise that this dooshbag chose the attention who-were route. One of the biggest clowns in all of sports. Only difference between him and ARod is that ARod was contrite and admitted his shortcomings. This guy continues to embarrass himself proclaiming his innocence while taking it out on the media. HOF? Anyone who didn't vote for Bonds, Clemens, Sosa, or McGwire should not vote for this guy. If he gets in the others should be there as well.

Reaction Score
HOFer.

Like OJ trying to find the real killer, Ortiz is still trying to find out what drug triggered his failed test in 2003!

Reaction Score
Think Ortiz will be a real test for the steroid era. His numbers , post-season success and overall reputation make him a fairly solid HOFer. He will also be an extra 10 years past when most of the steroid guys became eligible.

I think the DH thing could of been a deciding factor if his numbers were borderline, but they're not.

My guess is he gets in, though maybe not for a few years after becoming eligible.

Reaction Score
Ortiz has been the best all-around hitter to play with the Red Sox since Williams. Yaz was obviously the best all-around player.

Check this stat out. In 357 PA in the postseason, Ortiz has put up a ridiculous 962 OPS. He has won 3 rings. 2 of those rings the Sox have no shot whatsoever to win a WS without him. And he came in after 86 years of no championships, year after year of taking crap from Yankees fans, 1918, Bucky, Boone, Boston Massacre.

Then this guy walks into town and 3 rings.

Shut the city down for this Bad Mutha Fooka. He deserves it.

The fact that he has put a dent into the sports lives of every Yankee fan is the cherry on top.

Reaction Score
I don't like that he did it, I'll admit. Its such an egotistical move. I hated it when Jeter and Mo did it, so I'll be consistent. I wish he had announced it right before the last homestand of the season.
I thought I read that he would ask for donations to the children foundation he runs if anyone tries to give him any retirement gifts. We'll see.

Reaction Score
No surprise that this dooshbag chose the attention who-were route. One of the biggest clowns in all of sports. Only difference between him and ARod is that ARod was contrite and admitted his shortcomings. This guy continues to embarrass himself proclaiming his innocence while taking it out on the media. HOF? Anyone who didn't vote for Bonds, Clemens, Sosa, or McGwire should not vote for this guy. If he gets in the others should be there as well.
He was also contrite when he tried to turn in guys like Cervelli, when he tried to sue the Yankees doctor and the players association, when he pissed off the guy who could do no wrong Jeets where Jeets didn't even want anything to do with him.

Ortiz is saying he's innocent?

Reaction Score
Ortiz has been the best all-around hitter to play with the Red Sox since Williams. Yaz was obviously the best all-around player.

Check this stat out. In 357 PA in the postseason, Ortiz has put up a ridiculous 962 OPS. He has won 3 rings. 2 of those rings the Sox have no shot whatsoever to win a WS without him. And he came in after 86 years of no championships, year after year of taking crap from Yankees fans, 1918, Bucky, Boone, Boston Massacre.

Then this guy walks into town and 3 rings.

Shut the city down for this Bad Mutha Fooka. He deserves it.

The fact that he has put a dent into the sports lives of every Yankee fan is the cherry on top.

Same guy who wasn't anyone until he met Manny right? Like it or not it's stamped ALL over him and it's pretty easy to see. No different than ARod - none. Both are pretty much frauds, you like yours and why not, he's won a lot of games for yu over the years and he acts the part out nicely. He has done nothing at all to my life Vike, he's just a Red Sox and not the only one who beat us in 2004 I can't even remember what he did nor do I care, we blew it. Just keep thinking that's why we dislike him and you'll be fine. The truth is you're far off. And hey your call on sucking off a guy who plays baseball with a bat only - that's you. I'd like him too but he's not Yaz, he's not even Evans or Pedroia. He's a DH, a damn good one, but a cheat without a glove just doesn't have a spot in my HOF that's for sure. But that's just me!

Reaction Score
I don't like that he did it, I'll admit. Its such an egotistical move. I hated it when Jeter and Mo did it, so I'll be consistent. I wish he had announced it right before the last homestand of the season.
I thought I read that he would ask for donations to the children foundation he runs if anyone tries to give him any retirement gifts. We'll see.

They all donate to their charities already let's not start making him a better guy. Hilarious!

Reaction Score
He was also contrite when he tried to turn in guys like Cervelli, when he tried to sue the Yankees doctor and the players association, when he pissed off the guy who could do no wrong Jeets where Jeets didn't even want anything to do with him.

Ortiz is saying he's innocent?

ARod is a doosh. MLB went after him more aggressively than anyone else. He got caught. He came clean.

Ortiz got caught, threw his hands up in the air, vowed to find out what he tested positive for, and alert the public. That was 7 years ago. Not a high character guy.

Reaction Score
Exactly, Jeter got a ton of donations for his Turn 2 foundation.

I guess it's pretty much that the real good guys don't find the need to tell everyone just how wonderful they are huh zyron?;)

Reaction Score
I guess it's pretty much that the real good guys don't find the need to tell everyone just how wonderful they are huh zyron?;)
you think the Turn 2 charity is kept secret and that he never promoted it? LOL....

Reaction Score
ARod is a doosh. MLB went after him more aggressively than anyone else. He got caught. He came clean.

Ortiz got caught, threw his hands up in the air, vowed to find out what he tested positive for, and alert the public. That was 7 years ago. Not a high character guy.
He isn't able to get that information. It's sealed. They finally decided to seal everything once and for all after the NY hit men leaked his name to the press.

Personally I wish the entire list was outed. Why is it fair for Ortiz to have his name leaked while Jeter and Mo may be on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom