This Team Tonight | The Boneyard

This Team Tonight

Reaction Score
Thinking about the season, the injuries, the sicknesses, the losses that broke streaks and records, the highly publicized ups and the downs, I am in a totally different place than I was in every past Final Four. To me, it is just about them playing hard, unfazed, determined, and being in the moment. I hope for them with all my heart to win, but they are greater winners right now than any other championship team could ever be for what they have endured and for that almost inconceivable adversity bringing them closer as young women instead of driving them apart.

The effects on each of their lives this season will play out in the course of their lifetimes. They will always have this year, the bonding that was borne of the necessity of surviving as a team, the friendships, the sisterhood, the love, and the experience of going through this season together. They will all be better as human beings, leaders, and members of a unit, whether small or large, as a result of it. I am sure of that. So, while I want them to win tonight of course, and will root until I am both hoarse and feverish, in the "bigger picture game" of character and perseverance, the trophy has already been awarded.

Reaction Score
Thinking about the season, the injuries, the sicknesses, the losses that broke streaks and records, the highly publicized ups and the downs, I am in a totally different place than I was in every past Final Four. To me, it is just about them playing hard, unfazed, determined, and being in the moment. I hope for them with all my heart to win, but they are greater winners right now than any other championship team could ever be for what they have endured and for that almost inconceivable adversity bringing them closer as young women instead of driving them apart.

The effects on each of their lives this season will play out in the course of their lifetimes. They will always have this year, the bonding that was borne of the necessity of surviving as a team, the friendships, the sisterhood, the love, and the experience of going through this season together. They will all be better as human beings, leaders, and members of a unit, whether small or large, as a result of it. I am sure of that. So, while I want them to win tonight of course, and will root until I am both hoarse and feverish, in the "bigger picture game" of character and perseverance, the trophy has already been awarded.
Very well said:D - more than a season, and a lifelong lesson!

Reaction Score

Well said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom