This team is capable of so much more. | The Boneyard

This team is capable of so much more.

Reaction Score
The is really only one problem. They are soft. They are comfortable with an easy tempo and one that does not require pain. They need to go to the basket hard and take the pain. Larrier is the poster child of going to the basket easy. Don't know why.

Until Ollie makes practice harder than the games, this is what we will see.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
We've seen vital have damn near two 30 point games. Anderson score in double figures and md do it tonight. Why the hell cant this team be good all on the same night while Adams and larrier are having good game? You'd figure the attention to others would get them more looks.

Reaction Score
The is really only one problem. They are soft. They are comfortable with an easy tempo and one that does not require pain. They need to go to the basket hard and take the pain. Larrier is the poster child of going to the basket easy. Don't know why.

Until Ollie makes practice harder than the games, this is what we will see.
I could not disagree with you more on almost every point. Number one they don’t run offense with any discipline. Two about Larrier, he has no handle and weak legs. He’s a waiting injury to happen. Are we soft? No. We are lacking talent down low and it affects every aspect on both ends of the court. These kids are trying.

Reaction Score
Well, Indiana got slammed by a bad Indiana St team and now they are giving Duke all they can handle, currently up 2. Perhaps there is still hope for Uconn?

Reaction Score
We have a bunch of role players, & 3 brittle "lead" type guys that unfortunately seem to get hurt in every game they play. Thought we'd be goodish this year but AG & TL clearly are too fragile and JA guts it out but always spraining his ankle. I just don't see this team making much noise.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The kids are (mostly) very talented but I’m honestly not sure they even like playing basketball.

I’ve said this so many times, are we sure this team loves basketball. Especially Adams, the way he hoops is so odd.

Reaction Score
So, UConn was 5-9 at one point last year. They are 5-2 now with Monmouth and Collin St left on the cupcake list. Although nothing is a cupcake anymore. Win both and that are at 7 wins. Assume 1 win out of cuse, Auburn, Arizona and Nova. 8-4 going into conference play.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
So, UConn was 5-9 at one point last year. They are 5-2 now with Monmouth and Collin St left on the cupcake list. Although nothing is a cupcake anymore. Win both and that are at 7 wins. Assume 1 win out of cuse, Auburn, Arizona and Nova. 8-4 going into conference play.
I like it, but assume nothing my friend. Hope for the best, but expect the worst, that's how I've survived

Reaction Score
Adams only tries the last 10 mins of every game and still averages over 15 ppg.

Shabazz did that early season, he's trying to be Shabazz. At least he got like 7 assists tonight. plus his ankle may have been bothering him. Saw him dog getting back under a minute left in the game and was super pissed tho.

Reaction Score
I’ve said this so many times, are we sure this team loves basketball. Especially Adams, the way he hoops is so odd.

Adams loves to ball, if you can't see that, you don't know basketball. He just doesn't have any idea how to corral it unfortunately.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Adams loves to ball, if you can't see that, you don't know basketball. He just doesn't have any idea how to corral it unfortunately.
We had similar problems with Bazz, was hoping Adams would have progressed at a similar rate.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I'd say we play to the level of our competition but Arkansas beat us by 35, so that's not even true this year.

But we haven't blown out scrub teams for years, it seems.
Columbia hasn't been blown out this year.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Comparing Bazz and Adams in terms of passion for the game doesn’t make sense. How do they exhibit the same characteristics?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom