This Team Has Played So Poorly...... | The Boneyard

This Team Has Played So Poorly......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The team is just not very good. It's not going to get any better next year. We are watching the inevitable collapse of UConn sports thanks to AAC membership. It's sickening to watch what is happening. 30 years of scratching and clawing to build national level programs is being pissed away thanks to folks asleep at the switch.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The team is just not very good. It's not going to get any better next year. We are watching the inevitable collapse of UConn sports thanks to AAC membership. It's sickening to watch what is happening. 30 years of scratching and clawing to build national level programs is being pissed away thanks to folks asleep at the switch.

Maybe. But that doesn't explain our not being able to compete in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Excellent point. Particularly given we're 11 months off a NC.

Don't agree with this:
We are watching the inevitable collapse of UConn sports thanks to AAC membership.
Nothing about this is inevitable. If we start believing that, then we will be done.

Reaction Score
Bad recruits due to the quality of the conference absolutely contributes to that.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Perhaps I'm in the minority--and this is not at all a judgment on Boat--but I think we're going to be a better team next year.

I think Hamilton will be Butler-esque, and I think Purvis will become more consistent. A healthy summer will improve Brimah. And we'll have Jalen Adams.

I think they'll win more, have clearer roles, but still be flawed (not very deep). Unless they end up with Stone or someone.

Reaction Score
Tranghese is the most to blame when he thought building a basketball centric league was the right decision instead of an all sports conference and then UConn has been inept with Hathaway, Suzy, Warde, etc.

We're seeing the effects in football in a big way, the recruiting is the worst it's been with classes barely ranked above 100 when we had several years of 60s, low 70s worst case. And in reality, coming off of a NC the basketball recruiting is bad, not remotely being considered by many top kids.

Excellent point. Particularly given we're 11 months off a NC.

Don't agree with this:

Nothing about this is inevitable. If we start believing that, then we will be done.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Bad recruits due to the quality of the conference absolutely contributes to that.

Sorry niner but our conference-mates also play in our lousy conference. So why are we affected by it and they aren't.

Reaction Score

Who are the bad recruits you're talking about... Hamilton? We haven't been in the AAC long enough to have a team full of people recruited after the move.

Lubin wasn't really an impact, but I don't think he was really expected to get big minutes.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Tranghese is the most to blame when he thought building a basketball centric league was the right decision instead of an all sports conference and then UConn has been inept with Hathaway, Suzy, Warde, etc.

We're seeing the effects in football in a big way, the recruiting is the worst it's been with classes barely ranked above 100 when we had several years of 60s, low 70s worst case. And in reality, coming off of a NC the basketball recruiting is bad, .

not remotely being considered by many top kids

If you're talking about football, I agree
But if you look at the top 100in Mens BB, a good many had UConn on their consideration list - it has to start there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom