This Sorta P's Me O | The Boneyard

This Sorta P's Me O

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Usually a good news source but this whole assumption/ dismissive thing that infects pretty much everyone in WCBB reporting does annoy the hell out of me.

"UConn is now two wins away from tying its own record of 90 straight wins in a row. The Huskies should be able to extend the winning streak to 89 at the XL Center on Wednesday, where they’ll face East Carolina. They’ve been undefeated in American Athletic Conference play since its inception, so it shouldn’t be an issue."

UConn WBB Destroys Central Florida, 84-48

That is just disrespectful to everyone involved. Did that attitude get UConn where they are today? What we are witnessing is insanely hard, with a component of that being how easy it would be to think you could get away with phoning in a few in that run. Makes me bleeping angry.

HGN

Reaction Score
Usually a good news source but this whole assumption/ dismissive thing that infects pretty much everyone in WCBB reporting does annoy the hell out of me.

"UConn is now two wins away from tying its own record of 90 straight wins in a row. The Huskies should be able to extend the winning streak to 89 at the XL Center on Wednesday, where they’ll face East Carolina. They’ve been undefeated in American Athletic Conference play since its inception, so it shouldn’t be an issue."

UConn WBB Destroys Central Florida, 84-48

That is just disrespectful to everyone involved. Did that attitude get UConn where they are today? What we are witnessing is insanely hard, with a component of that being how easy it would be to think you could get away with phoning in a few in that run. Makes me bleeping angry.
I agree Rocky.....Its disrespectful to the whole league.....Its not like the Huskies have not beaten the likes of the ND, OSU , FLA.ST. , USC , and anybody else that was on the schedule. So why try to single out the AAC.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
So you are saying, mebbe, it SHOULD be an issue? Or it shouldn't be an issue but they shouldn't say so? Or what?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I found the "90 straight wins in a row" irritating.

Let me help: "A succession of 90 consecutive and contiguous games in which the queue of opponents was, serially and collectively, entirely without success."

Or, never mind. ;-)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So you are saying, mebbe, it SHOULD be an issue? Or it shouldn't be an issue but they shouldn't say so? Or what?

I'm saying "it" should be approached with reverence, as the freaking twice repeated miracle it just might be! And don't be dismissive of the remaining games in front of this unbelievable achievement. Go hunt mice.

Reaction Score
Let me help: "A succession of 90 consecutive and contiguous games in which the queue of opponents was, serially and collectively, entirely without success."

Or, never mind. ;-)

Love this!

Reaction Score
I'm saying "it" should be approached with reverence, as the freaking twice repeated miracle it just might be! And don't be dismissive of the remaining games in front of this unbelievable achievement. Go hunt mice.

Rocky, this is not an attack just a reply as I am concerned for your health over this! :D
I do not live on this forum daily as yourself but I am also a huge fan of the ladies and all they do. Having said that you have to realize not all feel the same and why.
You use the term reverence in describing the winning streak, that only applies to those who find it relevant sad to say. This article is going to break your beak (I did not want to mess with your heart ;).)
Amazing UConn Women Being Dissed On Lists This is sad....:( :mad:

I agree with you to a point but most are not impressed with the number of wins when they are 30, 40, 50 point blow outs. The writers off the cuff remark you are upset with can be pretty much understood by most. Some might find you calling this a miracle a little over the top with that being something supernatural.
I am going to meet you both in the middle with we have a hell of a good group of talent with a super coaching staff that is pretty much not expected to lose a conference game any time soon. Take it from Geno without saying it, that is why he scheduled as he has out of conference.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I burst out laughing many times when reading various posts - "GO HUNT MICE" was priceless. Thanks Rocky

Can't you just see Zorro doing that 4...er 3 paw pounce, his sword swinging wildly?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I thought mebbe you were complaining about "90 straight wins in a row" being redundant, since the "straight" seems to serve no purpose save perhaps to distinguish "straight" wins from "crooked" wins. Or mebbe....but let us no go there.

Reaction Score
UConn didn't choose to leave the Big East; the Catholic schools did it for them. Also, they had no control over Notre Dame, Louisville and Rutgers leaving for other conferences. Geno and his staff are trying to build another strong conference. It will take years. USF looks to be a fairly strong team. What they need are 4 strong teams. That will lead to more strong teams and a strong conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom