This reminds me a little of 97 | The Boneyard

This reminds me a little of 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thinking back in time I'm kind of reminded of the 97 version of the Huskies. That was a rough season with Ricky Moore and Kirk King getting suspended, a talented freshman class struggling to figure out their roles, and loses mounting. All that team needed was KEA to turn the chemistry around and make them title contenders. I think the same thing can happen again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That team was 7-6 in the Big East before they went into the tank and still ended up in the NIT Final Four. That's going to look like paradise compared to the slog this year is going to become.

Reaction Score
That team was way better than this team and it had Rip who we all knew was going to be a star.

Reaction Score
Thinking back in time I'm kind of reminded of the 97 version of the Huskies. That was a rough season with Ricky Moore and Kirk King getting suspended, a talented freshman class struggling to figure out their roles, and loses mounting. All that team needed was KEA to turn the chemistry around and make them title contenders. I think the same thing can happen again.

That team beat Northeastern 89-37, this team lost to Northeastern and Wagner. That team blew out their cupcake non conference games and played #1 Kansas tough at home. This team can't even have an easy game game against poor competition. The injuries should not be an excuse against teams like BU, talent wise we should win by 20 with anyone 5 scholarship players.

That team was 7-6 in the Big East before they went into the tank and still ended up in the NIT Final Four. That's going to look like paradise compared to the slog this year is going to become.

Yup.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That team was way better than this team and it had Rip who we all knew was going to be a star.

If my memory is correct, immediately after the suspension UConn played a highly ranked Kansas team and Rip ran the point. For about 15 minutes UConn hung in there.

They showed they could go toe to toe, even if for just a few minutes.

This team is comfortable being comfortable. They don't play with any urgency or desperation.

Reaction Score
I was actually thinking the same about 97. Difference was that team had some decent bigs. Jake didn't get pushed around too much...even as a freshman.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
That team was also 2 years away from being #1 and in a title game. This team...?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This team is comfortable being comfortable. They don't play with any urgency or desperation.

From the start of games, this is true. Has been the last few years.

If they could just bottle the second half, and drink it pregame, we'd be sweet.

Reaction Score
If my memory is correct, immediately after the suspension UConn played a highly ranked Kansas team and Rip ran the point. For about 15 minutes UConn hung in there.

They showed they could go toe to toe, even if for just a few minutes.

I remember that Kansas game being so big on a national stage for us. I remember I saw the team at the Farmington Marriott where they used to stay the night before they played. We went down pretty big and I don't think Cuse is on the same level as Kansas was but we aren't on our old level either.

Reaction Score
Absolutely terrible comparison for the reasons already mentioned. This is the worst team ive seen in the nearly 30 years of watching Uconn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom