This Recruit Identifies The Tipping Point Of Her Career | The Boneyard

This Recruit Identifies The Tipping Point Of Her Career

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hint, hint: It was when she was in eighth grade and a varsity coach invited her on the team. Then she lead her team to 5 consecutive class 4A championship games.

That coach, Brian Cosgrove, could be a bit biased, but on this he may be right: "Paige is very smart, very astute," Hopkins coach Brian Cosgriff said. "I'm also absolutely convinced that if Paige was in college right now that she would be the No. 1 pick in the WNBA draft. She is that good."

Accompanying video: Paige starts at 33:45. Welcome to Day 4 of Star Tribune All-Metro Sports Awards

She talks a little about what she sees needing to improve for college.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I thought someone else might be struck by a high school age student talking about the fall of her eighth grade year being a turning point in her career. Apparently not. :confused:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I thought someone else might be struck by a high school age student talking about the fall of her eighth grade year being a turning point in her career. Apparently not. :confused:
The fall of my eighth grade year was my first step on the road to degradation. I have yet to fully recover. I realize now they don't call it fall for nothing. I wish Paige a clearer path . ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

To be honest, I am not sure what to make of it. I seem to recall it being stated that she was a prodigy much earlier than 8th grade so it is not clear to me why 8th grade at Hopkins was the "sharp" tipping point? Was she not already marked by divine hand? :confused:

Reaction Score
To be honest, I am not sure what to make of it. I seem to recall it being stated that she was a prodigy much earlier than 8th grade so it is not clear to me why 8th grade at Hopkins was the "sharp" tipping point? Was she not already marked by divine hand? :confused:

My guess is that one her biggest goals at the time was playing in a HS varsity game. A big deal for a 14 year old.

Here is a video from her 8th grade season, a highlight video. Keep in mind that in Minn, Hopkins is the UConn of girls basketball.

Reaction Score
Another, complete game from Bueckers' 8th grade season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

What she means who knows? But since Cosgrove took her into the varsity and very shortly in to the season she was starting, perhaps the challenge cemented her desire to be great. Basketball was to be her career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom