This needed its own thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

This needed its own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So let's play a hypothetical game between UConn '24 and Uconn '25 as it stands right now:

Clingan/Sampson v Sampson/Reed
AK/Steward v Steward
Castle v Ross/Abraham
Newton v Diarra/Nowell
Spencer v Ball

So the talent level is not a concern here? Watch out Duke, Kansas, UNC . . .
You’re aware if McNeeley commits during his visit they end up with a top 10 recruiting class, right? Plus you’re assumption is Karaban isn’t back, need I remind you Newton declared for the draft last year before coming back.

Not to mention the portal is still a factor, as is the 5* prospect from overseas that is by no means a given but if they pull him in it’s a reload situation, not a rebuild. I trust Hurley, maybe you should try.

Reaction Score
That's nothing to be cocky about. It is strange why UConn struggle to bring in blue chippers with ease.
It's not about bringing in blue chippers, it's about bringing in skilled and talented players that fit well together to optimize the team results through both high school recruiting or portal recruiting. If it was solely about bringing in the highest rated recruiting classes Duke and Kentucky would be winning every year. Why aren't they? Or in Kentucky's case why have they failed to get past the first weekend of the NCAAT in the last 5 years.

Stephon Castle was a blue chip recruit, but he wasn't brought here solely because he is a blue chip recruit. He was brought into UConn because his skill set filled a need and the coaching staff knew they could they develop him to the point he will be a significant contributor on the team and compliment the skills of his teammates.

Reaction Score
You’re aware if McNeeley commits during his visit they end up with a top 10 recruiting class, right? Plus you’re assumption is Karaban isn’t back, need I remind you Newton declared for the draft last year before coming back.

Not to mention the portal is still a factor, as is the 5* prospect from overseas that is by no means a given but if they pull him in it’s a reload situation, not a rebuild. I trust Hurley, maybe you should try.
If all your "if's" come to bare, then I am inclined to be as optimistic as you. But we shall see.

Reaction Score
No one said they're going to stop recruiting. They have a recruit visiting tomorrow. Saying "the cupboard is bare" means there's no one. That's what Arkansas had when they literally had no current players. It's not UConn's situation.

Implying that the current roster members count for nothing is just insulting. And you're supposedly a fan.
Not trying to insult the current roster members, believe me. Just saying while everyone is touting our blueblood status and our chances of a Final Four or a three-peat, I believe there is a lot of holes to plug. The sooner the better.

Reaction Score
So let's play a hypothetical game between UConn '24 and Uconn '25 as it stands right now:

AK/Steward v Steward
Castle v Ross/Abraham
Newton v Diarra/Nowell
Spencer v Ball

This fool is obviously a troll, so rather than explain that we have only just begun recruiting the transfer it’s much easier to put him/her on ignore.
Bye bye bye.

Reaction Score
If all your "if's" come to bare, then I am inclined to be as optimistic as you. But we shall see.
Understood, but as I stated in an earlier post at this time last year we were in the same predicament, only thing being the recruiting class being better, but to think Hurley and Co are going to be complacent and not make this thing a dynasty is an extremely pessimistic take two weeks removed from a national title.

Reaction Score

AK/Steward v Steward
Castle v Ross/Abraham
Newton v Diarra/Nowell
Spencer v Ball

Let's play a game where you spell the names wrong for all of our players.

Reaction Score
Why do we give oxygen to trolls like this? We should have a new season resolution to stop fixating on and trolling other programs. We are the gold standard. We should be better acknowledging this drivel.

Reaction Score
Andrew Hurley has as many championships as Bill Self

Is that our thing now?

man I imagine I would be pissed if I was from some useless flyover town and all I cared about was KU baskitbull and these here coastul leets took muh game frum me

Reaction Score
Implying that the current roster members count for nothing is just insulting. And you're supposedly a fan.
Well considering he thinks Jaylin Stewart's last name is Steward and Samson Johnson's first name is Sampson, you may be on to something. :)

Reaction Score
I'm like a little kid at Christmas, I want AK and McNeeley. I want I want I want....
don't forget koby brea. dude is legit. I think we have a great shot at mcneely with the visit starting tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Please no one bother responding to that account or bookmarking, the guys trolling so hard it’s legit pathetic. I keep seeing the most absurd takes possible from that name, don’t bother unless you want to create a pro-UConn account like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom