This n That from John | The Boneyard

This n That from John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
  • I had an immensely fun time, even more than I expected. For the past 2 or so years, I’ve been starting to run on fumes with my excitement about going to the games. This is for a variety of reasons (some personal, some what’s going on with the program) but I think Saturday night filled the tank again. I’m very proud of those kids. It was the most fun I’ve had since the first Pitt game there – I loved the electricity and excitement you could feel in the lots and the stands.

• Impressed with the number of Michigan fans there, although I don’t think the numbers were as crazy as the Michigan fans are now talking about. I thought they were well-behaved, at least in my section (124) and in the tailgates. Talked to a couple of them (alumni) that came up from NYC, nice people.

• Really proud of our fans – got there on time and stayed to the end. Nice and loud. Thought the stadium experience was decent for sure.

• Sometimes I go to visitor homerboards to see what they say about their Rent experiences. Most of the time I end up wishing I hadn’t bothered. The thing I came away with is that we got a few nice words, but a lot of these UM fans think they’re high and mighty – basically they are big-timing us. Very annoying – as if the fact that you have a lot of heads packed into an old stadium makes for a truer college football experience. I’ve had some GREAT college football days in stadiums even smaller than The Rent.

• On the drive out of the lots, I was very pumped about the night (despite the score) but I got wistful for some reason – I started thinking how much I already miss the Big East. I had grown to really like the conference that just collapsed (the one that included WVU) – it seemed like we had a bunch of decent schools that were at the same level, and we had a (short and fun) history with them. Looking back, it was like we were in a “neighborhood” if that made sense – one that wasn’t especially high-end, but it was decent and fun.

• I think we could fit into the B1G, but I fear if we ever do get a B1G invitation we’ll be dealing with A TON of the football elitism I see in the UM boards. All these schools are going to big time us. It will be a highly annoying experience. That said, we have got to get out of this conference.

• So am I correct – next year will be a really boring-arsed schedule? Then the following year we have UTinny coming in, which should be an awesome day!

• Emily looked AWESOME on the big screen, loved that leather/zipper outfit. I didn’t like the pants though, she should have been in a short-short leather skirt with high heels.

• DJ Joey, WTF was that rat mask you were wearing?????

• I love that “We Ready” song – pumps me up big time.

• My voice is still messed up today from Saturday night’s yelling
  • Not to be an anti-PP , but I think an Edsall team would have walked out of there with the W.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

• Impressed with the number of Michigan fans there, although I don’t think the numbers were as crazy as the Michigan fans are now talking about. I thought they were well-behaved, at least in my section (124) and in the tailgates. Talked to a couple of them (alumni) that came up from NYC, nice people.

Didn't you see all of the blue in the stands? The place was nearly all Michigan fans, they were just the UM fans who don't make a lot of noise at game.

(this is a slightly altered version of something I read on one of their boards yesterday)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It felt really good to have excitement and hope again... Even if only for a few quarters.

Reaction Score
It felt really good to have excitement and hope again... Even if only for a few quarters.

I agree - I left there totally pumped, and am still pumped. I'm wondering how long this feeling will last, what with USF coming in two weeks.

Reaction Score
She let me play with her zipper after the game!

I played with her zipper during half time.

On a more serious note, I also wanted to note that our fans drink too much during the games - I wish they didn't sell beer in that place. It turns what are probably decent people into jerks.

Reaction Score

• [ ]I had an immensely fun time, even more than I expected. For the past 2 or so years, I’ve been starting to run on fumes with my excitement about going to the games. This is for a variety of reasons (some personal, some what’s going on with the program) but I think Saturday night filled the tank again. I’m very proud of those kids. It was the most fun I’ve had since the first Pitt game there – I loved the electricity and excitement you could feel in the lots and the stands.

• [ ]Impressed with the number of Michigan fans there, although I don’t think the numbers were as crazy as the Michigan fans are now talking about. I thought they were well-behaved, at least in my section (124) and in the tailgates. Talked to a couple of them (alumni) that came up from NYC, nice people.

• [ ]Really proud of our fans – got there on time and stayed to the end. Nice and loud. Thought the stadium experience was decent for sure.

• [ ]Sometimes I go to visitor homerboards to see what they say about their Rent experiences. Most of the time I end up wishing I hadn’t bothered. The thing I came away with is that we got a few nice words, but a lot of these UM fans think they’re high and mighty – basically they are big-timing us. Very annoying – as if the fact that you have a lot of heads packed into an old stadium makes for a truer college football experience. I’ve had some GREAT college football days in stadiums even smaller than The Rent.

• [ ]On the drive out of the lots, I was very pumped about the night (despite the score) but I got wistful for some reason – I started thinking how much I already miss the Big East. I had grown to really like the conference that just collapsed (the one that included WVU) – it seemed like we had a bunch of decent schools that were at the same level, and we had a (short and fun) history with them. Looking back, it was like we were in a “neighborhood” if that made sense – one that wasn’t especially high-end, but it was decent and fun.

• [ ]I think we could fit into the B1G, but I fear if we ever do get a B1G invitation we’ll be dealing with A TON of the football elitism I see in the UM boards. All these schools are going to big time us. It will be a highly annoying experience. That said, we have got to get out of this conference.

• [ ]So am I correct – next year will be a really boring-arsed schedule? Then the following year we have UTinny coming in, which should be an awesome day!

• [ ]Emily looked AWESOME on the big screen, loved that leather/zipper outfit. I didn’t like the pants though, she should have been in a short-short leather skirt with high heels.

• [ ]DJ Joey, WTF was that rat mask you were wearing?????

• [ ]I love that “We Ready” song – pumps me up big time.

• [ ]My voice is still messed up today from Saturday night’s yelling

• [ ]Not to be an anti-PP , but I think an Edsall team would have walked out of there with the W.

I actually think Warde did a very good job scheduling next year. Don't forget we open hosting BYU and also host Boise State next season.

Reaction Score
I actually think Warde did a very good job scheduling next year. Don't forget we open hosting BYU and also host Boise State next season.

I agree. I wonder if we can dye the grass blue for the Boise St. game?

Reaction Score

in that case, that's a nice schedule. I had forgotten about BYU and hadn't realized about Boise St. I guess I got too much Emily on the brain.

Reaction Score
in that case, that's a nice schedule. I had forgotten about BYU and hadn't realized about Boise St. I guess I got too much Emily on the brain.

Emily should have had that zipper unzipped at least a couple of inches don't you think?

Reaction Score
I agree. I wonder if we can dye the grass blue for the Boise St. game?

No we can't. I was told in the thread about painting the field that dark colors like that would ruin the grass and the root structure. Makes sense given how great that root structure looked on Saturday night. Wouldn't want to do anything to ruin that perfect root structure :)

Reaction Score
No we can't. I was told in the thread about painting the field that dark colors like that would ruin the grass and the root structure. Makes sense given how great that root structure looked on Saturday night. Wouldn't want to do anything to ruin that perfect root structure :)

Boy that turf was in terrible shape. When you consider how little that field is used it is amazing how bad it is.

Reaction Score
Boy that turf was in terrible shape. When you consider how little that field is used it is amazing how bad it is.

I was pretty surprised - after all the games we've seen over the years in all kinds of weather and seasons, surprised that it was coming up in clumps like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom