This makes the NY Post but not the Hartford Courant?? | The Boneyard

This makes the NY Post but not the Hartford Courant??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
http://nypost.com/2016/04/08/hartfords-xl-center-set-to-get-250m-facelift/

A Hartford, Conn., development agency has hired architects to renovate the 41-year-old XL Center arena, The Post has learned.

The Capital Region Development Authority, which implements Hartford-area projects, has hired BBB Architects — the same firm that handled the $1 billion renovation of Madison Square Garden — to spruce up the 16,294-seat arena.

“We have retained them to start the work,” CRDA Executive Director Michael Freimuth told The Post.

The arena was home to the NHL’s Hartford Whalers until 1997, when they moved to North Carolina; today the team is known as the Carolina Hurricanes.

The CRDA plans on undertaking a $250 million renovation of the arena, but has not yet raised the funds to pay for such upgrades.

Although the CRDA has failed to attract public funding for the renovation, talks have accelerated with private investors, sources said.

Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy has publicly said he supports the idea of renovating the arena.

The XL Center is home to the Hartford Wolf Pack, a New York Rangers farm team, where professional hockey star Steve Avery played in 2008.

It is also home to the University of Connecticut’s hockey team, and many of the university’s basketball games.

Reaction Score
Almost seems like this is an old article that was recycled. I know last year the state hired an architectural firm to look into the feasibility of a major upgrade with a price tag of $250 million. They had even released drawings to tease everyone. Earlier this year the state backed off of it because of budget problems and Malloy stated it would not be in the budget. Either that or the state is pulling a ground hog day and repeating last year. I guess that would be a ground hog year.

The Hartford Arena Plans No One Was Expecting

Reaction Score
There isn't any new developments in this blurb other than the private investors who probably don't exist. I've warmed up to the fact we'll be watching games in it's current state until the roof falls off again allowing the state to spend millions to throw a tarp over it and call it a renovtion.

Reaction Score
There isn't any new developments in this blurb other than the private investors who probably don't exist. I've warmed up to the fact we'll be watching games in it's current state until the roof falls off again allowing the state to spend millions to throw a tarp over it and call it a renovtion.
Which is fine by me. I'm easily satisfied. Give me a seat, a beer stand, a mens room, a basketball court and a scoreboard (doesn't even have to be a video board) and I'm happy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
http://nypost.com/2016/04/08/hartfords-xl-center-set-to-get-250m-facelift/

A Hartford, Conn., development agency has hired architects to renovate the 41-year-old XL Center arena, The Post has learned.

The Capital Region Development Authority, which implements Hartford-area projects, has hired BBB Architects — the same firm that handled the $1 billion renovation of Madison Square Garden — to spruce up the 16,294-seat arena.

“We have retained them to start the work,” CRDA Executive Director Michael Freimuth told The Post.

The arena was home to the NHL’s Hartford Whalers until 1997, when they moved to North Carolina; today the team is known as the Carolina Hurricanes.

The CRDA plans on undertaking a $250 million renovation of the arena, but has not yet raised the funds to pay for such upgrades.

Although the CRDA has failed to attract public funding for the renovation, talks have accelerated with private investors, sources said.

Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy has publicly said he supports the idea of renovating the arena.

The XL Center is home to the Hartford Wolf Pack, a New York Rangers farm team, where professional hockey star Steve Avery played in 2008.

It is also home to the University of Connecticut’s hockey team, and many of the university’s basketball games.

Courant aside, this is excellent news if true. XL is in desparate need of this, and they did a nice job with the Garden.

Reaction Score
Proposed XL Center Makeover Comes With A Hefty Pricetag

Note: SCI Architects is part of BBB Architects

750x422

Reaction Score
I'm seeing wainscoting on the men's room walls to really pop the look of the Pergo hardwood floors

Reaction Score
How much does a nhl franchise cost? 100m?

I am really hoping that the 'Panama Papers' include Gary Bettman's because that would explain a lot fo the NHL's expansion policy over the last 20 or so years, especially Phoenix.

Reaction Score
It's the Courant, not the Current!
I don't think it's in either.

I don't get the statisfaction of correcting someone's misspelling especially if it is obvious what the poster meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom