This is why you want us in your league on your network | The Boneyard

This is why you want us in your league on your network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny, that's the second time I've heard that today.

I4Mahdb.jpg

Reaction Score
Well, I think any conference would like having UConn and Cincy together. The dislike of Cincy's program towards UConn is intense. Cronin having typical little man syndrome and being bitter to the end.
Ohio already has Ohio State.

Reaction Score
We keep hearing CR is about football....................but UConn basketball just keeps delivering. That can't be ignored. Have to think yesterday's game helped both schools.

Reaction Score
It is my hope that the CR focus is changing to a Network model. That's where the new revenue growth will come from. In this model you need year round content and large DMA's. This is why we are on deck. There are only 20, +/- 1, DMA's as large as ours. Plus, we have no other P5 competing teams in our footprint. Add in the positive income metrics of our DMA, I expect our ticket to be punched.

Reaction Score
It is my hope that the CR focus is changing to a Network model. That's where the new revenue growth will come from. In this model you need year round content and large DMA's. This is why we are on deck. There are only 20, +/- 1, DMA's as large as ours. Plus, we have no other P5 competing teams in our footprint. Add in the positive income metrics of our DMA, I expect our ticket to be punched.

Valid point. Of the 30th largest US TV markets right now, only the following to not have at least 1 P5 planted within its DMA:

10) Houston (that said, A&M [SEC] and U Texas [XII] have a major presence)
13) Tampa/St. Pete
17) Cleveland/Akron (Ohio St [B1G] is present)
18) Orlando
20) Sacramento
21) St. Louis (Missouri [SEC] and to a lesser extent Illinois [B1G] are influential)
22) Portland OR (U Oregon [PAC] while 110 miles away is the player there)
24) Charlotte (take your pic of ACC schools - UNC, Duke, NC State & even Clemson)
25) Indianapolis (split between B1G schools Indiana and Purdue)
28) San Diego
30) Hartford/New Haven

So really, just 5 are open markets and 1 has no realistic local program that can make the jump to P5 (sorry Sacramento St & UC Davis) and a second has little to do with the XII/ACC issue in San Diego St. The two Florida markets, while they do have potential P5 candidates in USF and UCF respectively, do have to still compete with FSU and U Floridia, even if there are over a hundred miles away.

Also, could not help but notice that certain place, say Portland OR is considered one school's territory, in this case U Oregon, even though they are over 110 miles away. But, UConn supposedly has 0 presence in Boston and New York, which are 85 and 140 miles away respectively by many pundits.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/baseball/yankees/hc-yankees-yes-comcast-0313-20160312-story.html

Comcast, which owns a stake in SNY and operated regional sports networks around the country, is claiming YES' subscription fee is 33 percent higher than the previous fee for the long-term agreement, which expired in February 2015. Comcast continued to offer YES last season, while paying the per-subscriber fee of $5.36 — reportedly the highest fee of any regional sports network.

$5.36 !!! Dang.… I guess it was $2.00 back in 2002. The B12N could easily charge $2.00+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom