This is why uconn is where it is | The Boneyard

This is why uconn is where it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
http://fanspeak.com/ncaaf/2014/03/07/aac-football-early-projections/

I know its some random site on some random page... But football is where the money is and we are picked 10 out of 11 in the aac :( Regardless if it is earned or not that is what people think of us.....I am sure Kansas and even the Nectarine would do about the same but they are over the wall and we are not :(
Well, then I suspect we may surprise a few people next year. Just a hunch.

on edit (taken from another post):

We are doing what we do in March, competing for championships. We have a quality MBB coach who will be around forever. We have a very talented, savvy and energetic MBB coach. We have quite possibly the best WBB coach every. We are a elite men's soccer program and I guess an elite field hockey program. Our baseball team is coming into it's own and hockey is setting itself up to be nationally competitive. We routinely send players to the pros in in the NBA, NFL, MLB and WNBA, are the home to 11 basketball national championships (plus 2 soccer, 2 field hockey and whichever others are missing) and have among the best football and basketball training facilities in the nation. Our current situation may not be what I would have wished for but it still very good to be Husky fan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know little about Tulsa football, so I cannot comment if they will be better or worse than UConn; but, any review that has Memphis better than UConn after UConn’s 2 and 9 team beat them 45 to 10 is very questionable. Temple is almost as bad. Maybe these are the same folks who helped with the NCAA basketball tournament seeding?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Right - the team returns the most talented offense the school has seen, is currently on a 3 game winning streak where they absolutely destroyed their opponent in the final game and is on cloud 9 with the new hire. But yes, worse than Memphis and Temple. Good call author.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I can see them up to 4 or, depending on how much UCF misses Bortles, 3.

But, I also wouldn't be surprised to see them as low as 8, ahead of Temple and Memphs in addition to Tulsa.

Reaction Score
The write up is so generic. It doesn't really justify placing them where they are. It's basically saying they could be worse, just as bad, or better. Even Tulsa got more analysis.

I'm optimistic for the future of the team but have no assumptions going into this year until the ball is kicked off. If the team is hungrier and playing all-out for 60 minutes every game on the schedule, I will be satisfied.

Reaction Score
Right - the team returns the most talented offense the school has seen ...

The author may not know jack, but this is a dumb statement. The most talented offense the school has ever seen?? First off, lest you forget Donald Brown ran for over 2,000 yards in one season. I would say that offense was better than this one. Second, even if you meant passing offense specifically, I think the most gifted team in that regard would have been in 2009. Our line is a complete joke, I'm not sure any of our QB's are as skilled this year as Cody was in 2009 + Zach was a great game manager, and as great a receiver as Davis is, he is no Marcus Easley... even if Edsall couldn't see it until the season was halfway through.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is just some idiot with a laptop in his mother's basement. Even for those who are more professional, they are usually wrong. Look at last year's picks in each conference. Did anybody have CFU winning the AAC? No. Most had Clemson over FSU in the ACC. Nobody had Michigan State in the B1G. The Big XII was wrong too. And could they have missed Auburn by more? I doubt it.

Throw these guesses away. They are garbage. We are O-O and so is everybody else.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Right - the team returns the most talented offense the school has seen, is currently on a 3 game winning streak where they absolutely destroyed their opponent in the final game and is on cloud 9 with the new hire. But yes, worse than Memphis and Temple. Good call author.

They beat three terrible teams. Take a deep breath.

If you can become the most talented offense by beating those dregs... yikes.

Reaction Score
http://fanspeak.com/ncaaf/2014/03/07/aac-football-early-projections/

I know its some random site on some random page... But football is where the money is and we are picked 10 out of 11 in the aac :( Regardless if it is earned or not that is what people think of us.....I am sure Kansas and even the Nectarine would do about the same but they are over the wall and we are not :(
We deserve to be where we are, both the program and the fans. The fans, who defended the PP hire, the fans who defended PP when we he refused to play Mike Nebrich and instead followed blindly some 25 yr old kid who could throw the ball in a barrel on Youtube. And the same fans who criticized the rising criticisms. I remember the duck*ing idiots who said "you know better than a guy who coached in the NFL"…."give him another year"…."Burton doesn't know what he's talking about"….PP and his butt buddy GDL couldn't even recognize Casey's talent once he was healthy, we had an old man for a coach set in his ways who couldn't recognize talent if it starred him in the face.

The outcry from the fans over the last 4 years should been louder than a 747 and it wasn't, we duck*ing deserve to be where we are, and it's why Louisville is going into the ACC and not us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is just some idiot with a laptop in his mother's basement. Even for those who are more professional, they are usually wrong. Look at last year's picks in each conference. Did anybody have CFU winning the AAC? No. Most had Clemson over FSU in the ACC. Nobody had Michigan State in the B1G. The Big XII was wrong too. And could they have missed Auburn by more? I doubt it.

Throw these guesses away. They are garbage. We are O-O and so is everybody else.

Did anyone predict Temple would take the Fiesta Bowl (and Pinstripe Bowl lol) champions down to the wire? Preseason predictions are just a restatement of last year's bowl results with added Heisman hype.

Reaction Score
The author may not know jack, but this is a dumb statement. The most talented offense the school has ever seen?? First off, lest you forget Donald Brown ran for over 2,000 yards in one season. I would say that offense was better than this one. Second, even if you meant passing offense specifically, I think the most gifted team in that regard would have been in 2009. Our line is a complete joke, I'm not sure any of our QB's are as skilled this year as Cody was in 2009 + Zach was a great game manager, and as great a receiver as Davis is, he is no Marcus Easley... even if Edsall couldn't see it until the season was halfway through.

I agree with you on the '09 team, but isn't it nice for a change to be optimistic about the offense. CC throwing and the WR's catching and making plays. 45 points in a single game. 55 passes in a single game (OK drop that by 10-15, and UConn should start scoring actual TD's).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom