This Is What Diaco Is Building Towards | The Boneyard

This Is What Diaco Is Building Towards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is what Bobby D's practices and everything else is leading towards. Confidence in your ability to replicate in the clutch what you practice every day. Details matters, concentration matters, preparation matters, repetition matters.

"I'll make sure all the candles are lit properly and everybody is in the right spirit. ... It's just awesome and it's a great example of excellence. You know, — and I talked about it with the team [Thursday] — you're at the end of the game, my man Shabazz [Napier] comes to the line, he's got three to shoot? No problem, right? Bang, bang, bang, like he was in the school yard. That's ice. That's preparation. That's confidence in your preparation and then you go out and produce because there's no reason you're not going to. Just incredible."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-0404-20140403,0,152861.story

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If they had some of that confidence at the end of the Michigan game, they win. But then again, we might not have Diaco as our head coach right now so I guess blowing that lead was a blessing in disguise.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If they had some of that confidence at the end of the Michigan game, they win. But then again, we might not have Diaco as our head coach right now so I guess blowing that lead was a blessing in disguise.
That means that the Athletic Department needs to explore (and make happen) another home and home with the Wolverines. These aren't you grumpy old grandfather's Huskies...or at least they won't be in two years' time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Diaco just continues to inspire confidence. This quote is impressive, and I applaud his use of the basketball team as a model of softs for the football team. He really understand what it takes to succeed and is instilling those virtues in the team. I believe 100% that this team will be limited by its talent and nothing else. He'll squeeze from them every win that they can produce. I felt like PP got about 1/2 the wins his teams could produce.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Diaco just continues to inspire confidence. This quote is impressive, and I applaud his use of the basketball team as a model of softs for the football team. He really understand what it takes to succeed and is instilling those virtues in the team. I believe 100% that this team will be limited by its talent and nothing else. He'll squeeze from them every win that they can produce. I felt like PP got about 1/2 the wins his teams could produce.
And that's an aggressive estimate.

Reaction Score
And that's an aggressive estimate.

It can't be that far off, we lost to Western Michigan TWICE. And don't get me started on Buffalo, Towson and Temple...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think we've covered this ground before that P during his tenure had a team worth between 16-22 wins out of his 28 games. He won 10. I have no doubt the team would have finished 1-11 beating maybe Memphis in the final game. That would have made him 11-25 over three seasons. That's about as bad as it gets for any team that is actually interested in winning FB games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom