This is the Begining of Something Special. | The Boneyard

This is the Begining of Something Special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everyone has got to calm down here. I know these are losses that we cannot afford to have but this team has been playing great defense throughout and without the best defender on our team. Once Amida comes back, things begin to change for the better. Teams will be hesitant to drive to the hole and will be reliant on the outside shot to beat us. Amida shotblocking will create for fastbreak opportunities and better our offense. Also, Amida is the vocal and emotional leader of this team. I believe he is more valuable than we all think he is. We tend to focus on his points and lack of rebounding( which is slightly better this year) but he brings those intangables that we are lacking at this moment.

Reaction Score
Well he does bring energy and maybe that will help the team. Not sure besides shot blocking that he brings much else basketball wise.

Reaction Score
Everyone has got to calm down here. I know these are losses that we cannot afford to have but this team has been playing great defense throughout and without the best defender on our team. Once Amida comes back, things begin to change for the better. Teams will be hesitant to drive to the hole and will be reliant on the outside shot to beat us. Amida shotblocking will create for fastbreak opportunities and better our offense. Also, Amida is the vocal and emotional leader of this team. I believe he is more valuable than we all think he is. We tend to focus on his points and lack of rebounding( which is slightly better this year) but he brings those intangables that we are lacking at this moment.

Defense won't matter much if we can't score any points.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
One takeaway from last night: Sterling Gibbs -- three three-pointers in a row.

Reaction Score
Yes, Gibbs hits 3 three's to end the half and then doesn't shoot the ball from behind the arc in the 2nd half - explain that one to me.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
One takeaway from last night - how many points did SG score in the 2nd half?

Reaction Score
Yes, Gibbs hits 3 three's to end the half and then doesn't shoot the ball from behind the arc in the 2nd half - explain that one to me.
It's called half time adjustments. Something that seems to have left out locker room this season. The coaching staff has me scratching my head a lot lately. KO used to be gold on drawing up in-bounds plays...not so much this year. I don't understand why he would wait until the last possession to call for someone to aggressively attack the rim only to not get the call. One thing he did do was call a timeout before one of Cincy's runs got way out of hand. A week ago, he would've been sitting on the bench watching his team implode for another 4 minutes.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score

My guess is that Cronin noticed this and made some defensive adjustments during the halftime timeout, but I'll rewatch the second half and get back to you.

The point is we have a guy capable of nailing three three-pointers in a row.

Reaction Score
My guess is that Cronin noticed this and made some defensive adjustments during the halftime timeout, but I'll rewatch the second half and get back to you.

Yes we do. And knowing that he going to be well covered in the second half wouldn't you think we could design some plays to free him up?

Reaction Score
I think our best players are all likely returning. SG has moments of greatness and I love Shonn Miller. If we had Miller for 4 years it would have been something. He should have taken that last shot. Miller is our most consistent player. Of course that would have taken someone drawing up a basketball play. I strongly believe we dont actually have a dry-erase board on sidelines to do this and it needs to be addressed. For next season, this group will have one more year of solid maturity. I think that above all else is lacking both on the bench and on the court.

Reaction Score

Can't say I agree, my memory isn't the best, but I felt like 2 of Sterling's 3 were from almost Steph Curry distance, and the one Purvis hit then was also absurdly deep. I doubt Cinci was covering them tight 28 ft away from the hoop in the second half but I could be wrong

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Can't say I agree, my memory isn't the best, but I felt like 2 of Sterling's 3 were from almost Steph Curry distance, and the one Purvis hit then was also absurdly deep. I doubt Cinci was covering them tight 28 ft away from the hoop in the second half but I could be wrong
Cronin was interviewed at halftime and admitted Gibbs was killing them and they had to take him out. He could barely put the ball on the floor in the second half because they were in his grill.

Speaking of drawing up plays, Cincy managed to get a wide open 3 (which missed) and then a clean drive to the hoop (with the plus one) at the end. What the hell did we get?

Reaction Score
With Amida back, this team is ready for a serious run.

Reaction Score
If we get our offense from mediocre level to okay level, with the defense we play, we can run with alot of teams. I don't see any team ever really beating us easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom