This is how you get a technical | The Boneyard

This is how you get a technical

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Game tweet by Chris Elsberry of The CT Post....

"UK coach to ref: "You're missing a really good (Blanking) game."
Technical."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
An old chestnut saved for just that situation.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I watched the technical in slo mo. Mitchell was wrong. At first I thought that Hayes had pulled the UK player off balance but she didn't. I think from Mitchell's angle it looked like a foul but it wasn't.

Or maybe it was a make up for Faris' 5th. :)

Reaction Score
Despite that Technical I have to say that I was consistently impressed with Mitchell. I suspect that Kentucky will continue to have NCAA tourney success as long as he is at the helm.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO unless Tenn gets a couple of quality JUCO players that quickly adapt, Kentucky has to be the favorite for the SEC Championships. Kentucky is loaded and only getting better.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I knew only some of Coach Mitchell's background.

From Wikipedia:

Mitchell became the head coach of UK on April 23, 2007, succeeding former UK coach Mickie DeMoss.[1] Prior to becoming the coach at Kentucky, Mitchell spent two years as the head coach at Morehead State.[1] Mitchell started his coaching career as graduate assistant under Pat Summitt at Tennessee, and he also spent time as an assistant coach at Florida and Kentucky before becoming a head coach.[1]
Following the 2009-10 season, Mitchell was named the SEC Coach of the Year.[2] In addition to Mitchell's recognition, Victoria Dunlap was named the SEC Player of the Year and A'dia Mathies was named the SEC Freshman of the Year. The Wildcats joined the unbeaten national champion 1998 Tennessee squad as the only teams in SEC women's basketball history to sweep the major post-season awards.[2]

Reaction Score
Geno had high praise for Coach Washington during the run-up to the PSU game. He said that she was among the best coaches of her generation. Coach Mitchell was born the year before Ms. Washington and I would have to believe that he belongs in that category as well.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
IMHO unless Tenn gets a couple of quality JUCO players that quickly adapt, Kentucky has to be the favorite for the SEC Championships. Kentucky is loaded and only getting better.

unless Tenn gets a couple of quality JUCO players that quickly adapt, Mitchell

Reaction Score
That line has been used in just about every sport with the exact same results

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
unless Tenn gets a couple of quality JUCO players that quickly adapt, Mitchell

Would Mitchell leave UK (his program) for UTenn (Summitt's program) where he would spend years in her shadow? Would UTenn pick a male coach? If they did would UTenn fans leave in droves?

Reaction Score
I might be naive but I would be surprised if he were to leave KY for TENN. He has built some good momentum at KY and PS would indeed cast a very long shadow.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"You're missing a really good (Blanking) game."

That's exactly what I said during several Notre Dame games. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did you get slapped with a T, Mil?
Not yet, but some ugly leprechaun keeps harassing me.

images

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
"You're missing a really good (Blanking) game."

That's exactly what I said during several Notre Dame games. :)
at season's end, they should honor NN by renaming it the "Natalie Novosel Memorial Free Throw Line".

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
at season's end, they should honor NN by renaming it the "Natalie Novosel Memorial Free Throw Line".
Why wait? Let's have a reason to give her a memorial sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
I watched the technical in slo mo. Mitchell was wrong. At first I thought that Hayes had pulled the UK player off balance but she didn't. I think from Mitchell's angle it looked like a foul but it wasn't.

Or maybe it was a make up for Faris' 5th. :)
His problem was with several calls before that, and frankly he was justified - both coaches were, really.

It was one of the worst officiated women's games I've seen, and that really is saying something.

Reaction Score
His problem was with several calls before that, and frankly he was justified - both coaches were, really.

It was one of the worst officiated women's games I've seen, and that really is saying something.

I don't think it was a bad technical at all. The game was already over, you have to show your kids you care in every situation and sometimes a guy just has to demonstrate passion. His team and fans will love him for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom