This is embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Popcorn George.gif

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Yeah I fail to see what's embarrassing about it.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
What I hear him say is everything he wants out of Shirreffs and isn't getting. He's basically saying Ward is the anti-Shirreffs.

Ward has the advantage of having coach.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What I hear him say is everything he wants out of Shirreffs and isn't getting. He's basically saying Ward is the anti-Shirreffs.

Yes, it's almost exactly that. Ward's play highlights exactly what we aren't getting from Shireffs. I think HCBD was trying to be kind in not emphasizing that even more.

Reaction Score

This is what was "embarrassing"...

AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Greg Ward Jr. • Sr. • QB • Houston • Tyler, Texas
Ward accounted for 454 yards of total offense and five touchdowns as the Cougars moved to 2-0 in American Athletic Conference play with a 42-14 win against UConn. Ward completed 32 of 38 passes for a career-high 389 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for a team-high 65 yards and two TDs on 12 carries. Ward improved to 23-2 all-time as Houston’s starting quarterback and won his 18th consecutive start, the longest active streak in the nation.

... in three quarters.

Reaction Score
So what I learned today was the Houston's quarterback, quarterbacked the team. It is scary to me that we speak so highly of a quarterback doing quarterback like activities.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
So what I learned today was the Houston's quarterback, quarterbacked the team. It is scary to me that we speak so highly of a quarterback doing quarterback like activities.

Yes, but I think the overarching point is he does those quarterback activities really, really well.

Reaction Score
This is what was "embarrassing"...

AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Greg Ward Jr. • Sr. • QB • Houston • Tyler, Texas
Ward accounted for 454 yards of total offense and five touchdowns as the Cougars moved to 2-0 in American Athletic Conference play with a 42-14 win against UConn. Ward completed 32 of 38 passes for a career-high 389 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for a team-high 65 yards and two TDs on 12 carries. Ward improved to 23-2 all-time as Houston’s starting quarterback and won his 18th consecutive start, the longest active streak in the nation.

... in three quarters.

He is a great quarterback but if you refuse to pressure him or press coverage he will eviscerate you.
We talk a lot here about our offense's weaknesses but our defense is not good and it's not the personnel. It's the guy running the show.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes, but I think the overarching point is he does those quarterback activities really, really well.

In terms that basketball fans can understand, it's the difference between a guy who plays PG, but who isn't an extension of the coach on the court and a real point guard who makes everyone better. It's what Sterling Gibbs didn't have and Kemba and Shabazz did. Ward controls the game, directs his teammates, reads the defense, adjusts the whole team, then...post snap, he again sees the whole field, and makes strong decisions on what to do with the ball.

It's what makes Tom Brady and Peyton Manning better than any number of guys who are faster and have better arms. Ward has it...at least at this level (and he's fast and has a good arm).

Reaction Score
If you really don't understand the nuance between "playing quarterback" and "quarterbacking" after his thorough explanation, then you should refrain from criticizing the staff on just about anything other than the red pants. If you do understand it, and are just complaining about it, you're part of the reason this board is as much a dumpster fire as the offense is.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you really don't understand the nuance between "playing quarterback" and "quarterbacking" after his thorough explanation, then you should refrain from criticizing the staff on just about anything other than the red pants. If you do understand it, and are just complaining about it, you're part of the reason this board is as much a dumpster fire as the offense is.

It's not an embarrassing video but it is awkward.

He spent 500 words and 75 calories just trying to get across Ward is a leader and has command of the offense & huddle.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It's not an embarrassing video but it is awkward.

He spent 500 words and 75 calories just trying to get across Ward is a leader and has command of the offense & huddle.
His verbosity can be verbose at times, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom