This is embarrassing | The Boneyard

This is embarrassing

Reaction Score
Palpable sense on campus that Providence is going into the Battle of Atlantis undefeated
With that schedule it would be a huge disappointment if they were not undefeated heading into the Bahamas tournament.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Playing us should be higher than a Quad 1 game.

UConn will be great this year, but I don't see it as much of a done deal as most.

Last year we returned three starters from a dominant championship team. This year, we return one starter and two quality players with solid minutes.

It's going to take some time.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
They play five cupcakes like us. The only difference in their schedule is they are potentially going to play 4 P4 teams and 2 A-10 teams while we are potentially going to play 6 P4. I would not be happy with their schedule as a UConn fan but it’s not terrible for them.

Reaction Score
They play five cupcakes like us. The only difference in their schedule is they are potentially going to play 4 P4 teams and 2 A-10 teams while we are potentially going to play 6 P4. I would not be happy with their schedule as a UConn fan but it’s not terrible for them.
It makes their 1st game in B4A a must win

Or they’re a bubble team again

Reaction Score
It really hinges on their performance in Atlantis and, secondarily, how good BYU is.

5 cupcakes isn't great, and it looks worse when it's 5 in a row to pad their record to start the year, but by itself is livable. The problem is if they end up in the loser's bracket in Atlantis they could be stuck hoping for at most two wins against mediocre Davidson, Louisville, and Indiana, and looking at, at most, 1 high-major or Quad 1 OOC win (depending on exactly where Rhody finishes).

That sort of thing would drag down perception of the Big East when they inevitably score upsets in conference play, like it did the last two years (us, Creighton, etc. being underseeded in 2023, only 3 bids in 2024). However, if we're performing to the level we expect, conference perception can't slow us down.

Reaction Score
It makes their 1st game in B4A a must win

Or they’re a bubble team again
I just looked at the field -- yikes. There is a universe of difference between playing Gonzaga and Arizona versus playing Davidson and Louisville. That first Bahamas game alone could be worth 10-15 slots in NET.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
‘23 UConn saved the conference’s bids that year. The record and metrics going into conference play gave the BE teams a massive boost. The BE teams prior to beating UConn and each had horrible metrics.

‘24 UConn saved the BE again by dominating the entire landscape

Reaction Score
The Big 12 laid down the template to get teams in the tournament. Win by 30-40 against cupcakes and manipulate the NET. Sucks but it is what it is.
That would mean we trust Providence to actually win by 30 points instead of laying an egg, getting beat by a garbage team, and dragging the entire Big East NET down

caw

Reaction Score
Schedule is fine, everyone is discounting Atlantis, BYU, St.Bon, and at Rhody to much

BYU is pretty much an unknown, no? I know people think very highly of Young but he is pretty untested.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom