This is Drummond's break out year | The Boneyard

This is Drummond's break out year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Dre seems to be working the hardest he has ever in his young basketball career this offseason, I've seen him all over the place (various summer leagues, with trainers) Im really proud of him, his work ethic is starting to match his once in a generation physical talents. I'm predicting this is the year we see this kid turn into a all star and a top 10 NBA player. Im am glad to have Dre as a Uconn alumni.

Reaction Score
Love Drummond...but you can't be a 38% free throw shooter and be a top ten player in the NBA. He ain't Shaq. Unless he improves at the stripe his ceiling is Denadre Jordan. Even Dwight Howard is a 57% career FT shooter.

Anyone can improve free throw shooting. He needs to do this or he will be a liability down the stretch of games..which is all unfortunate because he's a beast and I love his game besides that.

Reaction Score
Love Drummond...but you can't be a 38% free throw shooter and be a top ten player in the NBA. He ain't Shaq. Unless he improves at the stripe his ceiling is Denadre Jordan. Even Dwight Howard is a 57% career FT shooter.

Anyone can improve free throw shooting. He needs to do this or he will be a liability down the stretch of games..which is all unfortunate because he's a beast and I love his game besides that.
His ceiling is DeAndre Jordan? He's already better than Jordan and he's 5 years younger.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Love Drummond. I'm not John Wooden, but I think the guy needs to work on establishing position, back to the basket, catch within 3-8 feet, and then have 3 stock moves. That's all he needs. His athleticism will take care of the rest. He doesn't need a big basket of tricks.

That said, I still see his ceiling as "best non-ball handler in the NBA".

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Personally, I think when the nation saw Drummonds absurd performance in the All Star Weekend Rising Stars game everyone knew he was the real deal and would be the next true all star big man. This is also his contract year, I anticipate him to get the max either way really as someone will pay for his size and mobility. But if he busts his arse enough this season he could get a max+bonus signing with Detroit, aka the Derrick Rose/Davis rookie extension for $100mil+

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'm looking for genuine post moves and 45% from the stripe this year as a step towards stardom. Really needs to work on his FT stroke though, because I think if he got to Deight Howard's level of FT even, that would immensely help his aggression on offense and lead to big gains.

Reaction Score
using what metric?

http://stats.nba.com/fantasycompare/#!/?lineupIDs=203083&vsLineupIDs=201599

You could argue Deandre plays w Chris Paul..but it's hard to fathom calling a dude a top ten player in the world who shoots 38% from the FT line. He obviously has time to improve, but that's dreadful no matter how you look at it.
Jordan is on a way better team, Jordan had more rebounds per game but Drummond is already the best rebounder in the game, with highest rebounds per 48 and the best offensive rebounder since Moses Malone. Their stats are very similar but from watching a lot of them I already think Drummond is better and his ceiling is way higher. You might be the only person who watches the NBA that thinks Drummond's ceiling is DeAndre Jordan.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Jordan is on a way better team, Jordan had more rebounds per game but Drummond is already the best rebounder in the game, with highest rebounds per 48 and the best offensive rebounder since Moses Malone. Their stats are very similar but from watching a lot of them I already think Drummond is better and his ceiling is way higher. You might be the only person who watches the NBA that thinks Drummond's ceiling is DeAndre Jordan.
Agreed, Drummond is already better than Jordan, most serious NBA fans would probably agree with that sentiment as well.

I think Drummond has the C all star bid in the east on lock for the next few years, it's up to him to take it.

Reaction Score

His ceiling is higher. I only said that based on his free throw shooting. I agree with him having a huge ceiling and his rebounding numbers are insane, but his FT % is comparable to Deandre Jordan's. That's all.

Reaction Score
His ceiling is higher. I only said that based on his free throw shooting. I agree with him having a huge ceiling and his rebounding numbers are insane, but his FT % is comparable to Deandre Jordan's. That's all.
Sorry, I misread what you wrote.

Reaction Score
Plenty of things he can improve on . Sure ft shooting , but that seems like low hanging fruit compared how much work he needs to put in to be a better defensive center . Needs to anchor things , talk more , and continue to rim protect (not just weakside help , he needs to become a stallwart given his physical gifts /talent).

Pistons as a whole should make a leap, a full year + a few training camps is ample time for svg to show signs of growth with the organization .

Reaction Score
Would love to see Andre take the next step towards stardom though his abysmal FT% is a serious concern. There's a reason why Detroit spent much of their offseason courting subtle yet integral late-game players such as Aron Baynes, a 7'0" that shoots 78% from the line. If Andre can shoot 50% from the line in 2015-2016, he's a 20/15 guy courting 35 MPG. Those kinds of numbers eclipse the likes of 2009 Dwight Howard and squarely place AD in the 1st Team status.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I misread what you wrote.
it's all good. Go huskies.

Wow. This was one of the most maturely handled arguments I've ever seen on the yard. That was spectacular guys.

Reaction Score
The Pistons did hire world-renowned shooting coach Dave Hopla to work with Andre. Google Hopla; the man is amazing.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'm not an expert basketball coach but I think he should practice finishing stronger in these drills with more dunks rather than soft hooks or layups at the rim. Take advantage of that size and athleticism ya know. He can be a monster if he actually played like one and got over all these finesse aspects of the game. Maybe he should have someone to actually go against too to work on positioning instead of going against air...

Reaction Score
I would be happy w a 60% free throw shooter. Kid is a beast and still has more game to prove upon. I believe Van Gundy is going to go thru him more in the offense this year now that Monroe is gone.

C

Chief00

Andre, quite frankly, is on a steady upward trend. He's improved a lot; he will continue to improve putting up great numbers. His improvement continues this year and into the future - a break out year? - isn't what it's all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom