This is awesome - RJ Cole | The Boneyard

This is awesome - RJ Cole

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1581115180782.png

.... and that, my friends, is what you call a sign.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

What a great night. Still have our commemorative drink cups.
Dan Cyrulik had the best game of his career and we all figured it was his breakout game as a freshman.
That wasn't the case, but with Rod Sellers injured for the Big East Tournament, it was Dan and Toraino Walker who had to match up with Mourning and Mutombo, and Coleman and Owens to win the Semi and Championship and somehow they did.
Now THAT was REALLY SPECIAL, yet incomprehensible. We were on cloud 9 at dinner after the Georgetown game and on the day of the Championship Game the Garden was magical outside on the esplanade with the band and cheerleaders getting the crowd hyped up and then inside it was so great to see the realization on the faces of the Syracuse fans, especially the women with the orange shoelaces in their white sneakers, that UConn of all teams had won the Big East Championship.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I won a free week at the camp one summer but it conflicted with my Junior League All Star team and I didn’t want bail on my team (which lost the first two games of a double elimination tourney). My parents still give me crap about it almost 20 years later.

Reaction Score
What a great night. Still have our commemorative drink cups.
Dan Cyrulik had the best game of his career and we all figured it was his breakout game as a freshman.
That wasn't the case, but with Rod Sellers injured for the Big East Tournament, it was Dan and Toraino Walker who had to match up with Mourning and Mutombo, and Coleman and Owens to win the Semi and Championship and somehow they did.
Now THAT was REALLY SPECIAL, yet incomprehensible. We were on cloud 9 at dinner after the Georgetown game and on the day of the Championship Game the Garden was magical outside on the esplanade with the band and cheerleaders getting the crowd hyped up and then inside it was so great to see the realization on the faces of the Syracuse fans, especially the women with the orange shoelaces in their white sneakers, that UConn of all teams had won the Big East Championship.
I remember that weekend. I believe we beat gtown on a Saturday and cuse for the title on sunday afternoon pretty sure it was a CBS game with nantz or musburger(big time). I was only like 11-12 at the time but I’ll never forget it. Now that’s when the big East was insane.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling Ms. Cole is going to end up in the Husky Mom's Hall of Fame next to Kemba and Bazz's moms!

Reaction Score
I remember that weekend. I believe we beat gtown on a Saturday and cuse for the title on sunday afternoon pretty sure it was a CBS game with nantz or musburger(big time). I was only like 11-12 at the time but I’ll never forget it. Now that’s when the big East was insane.
Yup. It was a Sunday afternoon on CBS for the final. Musberger and Billy Packer on the call. We won tickets in the student lottery to the BET. Well, two girls in my dorm won them and we convinced them to bring us. Our seats were in the first or second row and on the baseline. UConn won, we stormed the court and celebrated with the team. Looking forward to this Sunday

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I won a free week at the camp one summer but it conflicted with my Junior League All Star team and I didn’t want bail on my team (which lost the first two games of a double elimination tourney). My parents still give me crap about it almost 20 years later.

post/handle

Reaction Score
Still have my special edition of the Daily Campus. Didn't buy the "Conn-dome" the shirt. Ted's first and then the game. Great night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
IIRC there were some boos (not overwhelming) for Gov. Bill O'Neill at the ceremony. The life of a politician. After the fieldhouse to be in that new building with the best team in our history up to that point was amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom