This Is A Very Good Thing | The Boneyard

This Is A Very Good Thing

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ESPN captured a quote from Z that I was very glad to read. It is important that Z be fully invested in this program; a program that will ask more and more of her.

"I think this is the first moment that I've really been able to feel like a part of it and adding to something," Stevens said. "Last year it was the 100th [win] in a row or whatever, and I was on the team, but I wasn't playing. So it was kind of a different feel. But this was special because I added something to this. On the court, I added something to Coach's 1,000th."

Auriemma's 1,000th comes according to plan

I really, really, really like Z.

Reaction Score
RockMTblue2, thanks again for all the postings. Really appreciate it !!! I love all the Kia Nurse quotes and this!!!

Reaction Score
UConn, the gift that keeps giving. Geno, CD and the girls have given us so much to appreciate and enjoy with the way they play. I am glad I am old because I can't imagine how I would spend my winter nights with out the coaches who strive for the very best from their team and the girls.

Reaction Score
ESPN captured a quote from Z that I was very glad to read. It is important that Z be fully invested in this program; a program that will ask more and more of her.

"I think this is the first moment that I've really been able to feel like a part of it and adding to something," Stevens said. "Last year it was the 100th [win] in a row or whatever, and I was on the team, but I wasn't playing. So it was kind of a different feel. But this was special because I added something to this. On the court, I added something to Coach's 1,000th."

Auriemma's 1,000th comes according to plan

I really, really, really like Z.

Azura is enthusiastic---she knows how to have fun she was partying with the team big time. It is important for Ms Stevens to buy into being a significant member of the UConn WBB team--if she dosen't feel that way---??????? Howsomeever--we know, the team knows, Geno knows, that Azura is important to the success of this team as are all the top 7, and hopefully the entire squad. When Uconn has faltered in a few of the last 4 games--Geno deliberately went to Azura---she IS important.

Reaction Score
UConn, the gift that keeps giving. Geno, CD and the girls have given us so much to appreciate and enjoy with the way they play. I am glad I am old because I can't imagine how I would spend my winter nights with out the coaches who strive for the very best from their team and the girls.

Without Uconn--you'd be relegated to filling your Winters much as the fans of ND, Duke, Baylor, Texas, UCLA, Ore, and 332 other Division one fans have done, and some of Uconn Mens team fans have done--HERESY--winning and being a WBB fan is nice, but not all that important to me. Oh, I cheer the champions ships--then forget them except for bragging time---to me the GAME is the thing. I have followed as a fan: Arkansas, Okla Sooners, Okla Cowgirls, UALR--and enjoyed being a fan. Having spent my formative years at Uconn--and employed there--it is a natural union--

Reaction Score
I was struck by how much Z enjoyed the celebrations. She was playing with the confetti with a big smile and trying to shove some down Gabby's shirt! She seems very happy. There is a lot of little girl in that young woman!

Reaction Score
I'm so happy for Z that her long journeys toward realizing her potential and for feeling included are being successful, and, of course, so happy for UConn.

There is still so much to have to figure out with Z coming in as 6th man. A super 6th is usually a 2 guard or a wing (think Havlicek or Billy Cunningham) who brings tremendous energy without changing the basic offensive pattern. But that's not Z. She changes things considerably (all to the good).

In fact, Gabby (possibly Pheesa, but less so) is the prototypical super 6th. Now, Geno will never not start Gabby or Pheesa, since they've earned their spots. But if Z had been with the team originally, it's not inconceivable that Gabby or Pheesa would be the super-sub, getting the same playing time as the starters but having to adjust their game a bit.

Z was the best player on the court last night and is going to be a monster talent if she sticks around next year: not inconceivable that she would be NPOY. But in the meantime, there is still, not only her continued development and adjustments to UConn ball, but the adjustments of her teammates to her.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
But in the meantime, there is still, not only her continued development and adjustments to UConn ball, but the adjustments of her teammates to her.

Yes, I notice how the adjustments are still very much a work in progress more, I am ashamed to say, than how good it already is. But I'm trying to get better at it, just like they are.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I was struck by how much Z enjoyed the celebrations. She was playing with the confetti with a big smile and trying to shove some down Gabby's shirt! She seems very happy. There is a lot of little girl in that young woman!

Z is clearly very grateful for the unique opportunities she is getting/earning at UConn. Based on numerous interviews, Z was simply not happy at Duke.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Z is clearly very grateful for the unique opportunities she is getting/earning at UConn. Based on numerous interviews, Z was simply not happy at Duke.

Stevens' transfer to UConn is one she nor anyone at UConn will ever regret. The Nation is pleased with her efforts, and glad she's here. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom