This could be the start of something | The Boneyard

This could be the start of something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the people arrested is Aaron Davidson, President of Traffic Sports USA, which owns the Carolina Railhawks and is the head of the NASL's board of governors.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good, needs a complete overhaul. More corrupt than Goodell and the NFL.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Now we just need a revote on the 2018 and 2022 World Cup site. I know Fifa said it won't happen but you have to think there will be enough support for that after these arrests.

Reaction Score
Some of these guys will be dead before before justice is brought to bear. Going to remain skeptical.

The DOJ couldn't even get Lance Armstrong, the USADA had to administratively punish him.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Interesting though that the US is not immune from all this. Part of the bribing being investigated is for the 2016 Copa America held in the US. Also, the big corporate sponsors are possibly being looked at and many reside here in the US.

I'd put the odds of anything substantial coming from all this at about .5%

Reaction Score
Interesting though that the US is not immune from all this. Part of the bribing being investigated is for the 2016 Copa America held in the US. Also, the big corporate sponsors are possibly being looked at and many reside here in the US.

I'd put the odds of anything substantial coming from all this at about .5%

Yeah it's two separate investigations but the US and the Swiss are coordinating. But once these guys face the music they will flip to spend less time in jail and avoid fines. There is no omertà with these weasels. This thing is going to be like a snowball and there is no telling where it will stop.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stepp Bladder avoided prosecution, but when the next round of indictments hit and he is President, I think he will be under immense pressure.

Reaction Score
6pgc6Fhi.jpg

Reaction Score
Prince Ali has 45-46 votes in UEFA and has 60 votes outside of UEFA. Some people think he has enough votes.

Reaction Score
If good 'ol Sepp had a shred of integrity he would step away. Of course that means he won't, but he should. At least he hopefully goes down with the ship.

Reaction Score
Ali is a good guy. Giving away my age here, but I graduated from Salisbury School with him. I wasn't super close, but It's a really small school ( enrollment was a bout 190 when I was there) so everybody knew everybody. We were on the same football team junior year and played the same positions on offense and defense. Senior year he lived a couple doors down from me in the dorm. I used to love to chat about politics with him, but he was so mellow and down to earth that he really was just one of the dudes. It's pretty cool and a little surreal to see a classmate on the global stage even if he is a royal. But based on what he has been up to with the sport and his other involvements, I would say that he would be the right guy and the right time for FIFA. He has deep ties in the West and the East and he is a progressive even by middle eastern standards. He's been a big advocate the Women's game in the middle east, and has been one of the few people pushing to allow Arab women to play without having to wear a headscarve.

Anyways, I will be pretty happy for him if he wins.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There will not be a new vote under any circumstances. Not going to happen. The geopolitical considerations would be massive and no one at that level of responsibility wants any part of that.

You'd be looking at a Olympic boycott, Salman Rushdie combo level of backlash.

If Russia and Qatar, can physically present the tournament they will keep it.

Reaction Score
There will not be a new vote under any circumstances. Not going to happen. The geopolitical considerations would be massive and no one at that level of responsibility wants any part of that.

You'd be looking at a Olympic boycott, Salman Rushdie combo level of backlash.

If Russia and Qatar, can physically present the tournament they will keep it.

No way Russia loses it. Sliver of a chance on Qatar, but geopolitics will probably prevent that from happening too.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Australia. They are as late to soccer as America. Jerks.
Interacting with a few too many Aussie escapees, "prison island bogan wankers" is preferred to the all too kind "Jerks"! Kiwis good; Aussies tossers! (a few exceptions exist)

Reaction Score
Interacting with a few too many Aussie escapees, "prison island bogan wankers" is preferred to the all too kind "Jerks"! Kiwis good; Aussies tossers! (a few exceptions exist)

I always thought that "Bogans" is like the Aussie term for rednecks.

Reaction Score
Wow......simply, wow. From $$$ to weapons, this just went to a whole different level.

Last Week Tonight w/ John Oliver should be good tonight. He's been all over FIFA and Blatter dating back to last summer.

Reaction Score
Now, it's getting more interesting. In addition to the obvious monetary vote peddling, wonder what other types of non-financial bribes entered the fray. Germany and weapons, that has to be just a small start to more than just a few other nations tossing weapons, munition, and other stuff around in exchange for votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom