This Bouk insta deserves its own thread. | The Boneyard

This Bouk insta deserves its own thread.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I miss sports so much
I kind of feel like a jerk about it, but I was really bummed that the tournament was canceled, not for the kids, not for the team, but just because I really love watching it. To me at least, it’s the best few weeks in sports.

I was really looking forward to UConn baseball this year as well and I planned to get the Storrs to watch a game in the new field. It just sucks. It’s not a big deal in light of everything that’s going on, but it still sucks.

Last edited:

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I kind of feel like a jerk about it, but I was really bummed that the tournament was canceled, not for the kids, not for the team, but just because I really love watching it. To me at least, it’s the best few weeks in sports.

I was really looking forward to you can baseball this year as well and I plan to get the stores to watch a game in the new field. It just sucks. It’s not a big deal in light of everything that’s going on, but it still sucks.

I agree. Especially on this board I too often feel like I have to strike the perfect balance of being bummed about no tourney while not belittling the ongoing crisis (tip too far one way or the other and you’ll get crucified on here).

I am 100% in support of the suppression/mitigation efforts and I know these sports leagues made the right decision (I think suppression/mitigation should go further, actually)...but I still find myself being selfishly upset that I don’t get to watch my March Madness this year.

I’m curious what the country’s viewpoint would be if this hadn’t happened during a very sports-heavy time of year; would your average country-man have grasped the seriousness of it all if it was just spring training that got cut short rather than the NCAAs and end of NBA season? That might just be me living in my basketball bubble. But, if you go in the opposite direction: how batsh*t would people have gone if this happened in the run up to NFL Playoffs? If the Super Bowl was in jeopardy I think stores would be selling out of toilet paper AND tissues (for the all the crying..).

Reaction Score
He makes it look so easy! Bouk In year 2 paired with year 2 gaffney and cole and crazy athletic Jackson makes me tingle. This team is going to be crazy athletic. Let’s hope the defense is up to par... CV defended every teams beat guard and performed up to the task. We’ll need someone to take his spot defensively. Hopefully Adams can be that guy

Reaction Score
I agree. Especially on this board I too often feel like I have to strike the perfect balance of being bummed about no tourney while not belittling the ongoing crisis (tip too far one way or the other and you’ll get crucified on here).

I am 100% in support of the suppression/mitigation efforts and I know these sports leagues made the right decision (I think suppression/mitigation should go further, actually)...but I still find myself being selfishly upset that I don’t get to watch my March Madness this year.

I’m curious what the country’s viewpoint would be if this hadn’t happened during a very sports-heavy time of year; would your average country-man have grasped the seriousness of it all if it was just spring training that got cut short rather than the NCAAs and end of NBA season? That might just be me living in my basketball bubble. But, if you go in the opposite direction: how batsh*t would people have gone if this happened in the run up to NFL Playoffs? If the Super Bowl was in jeopardy I think stores would be selling out of toilet paper AND tissues (for the all the crying..).
I don't think anyone really cares about sports right now, the toilet paper and tissues are for crying when people realize they can't pay their bills and when people look at their 401k's. The economy is in shambles.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone really cares about sports right now, the toilet paper and tissues are for crying when people realize they can't pay their bills and when people look at their 401k's. The economy is in shambles.
I disagree with no one caring about sports during times of trial. Historically we have always latched onto sports for relief from the realities of hard times. People have always sought out hero's or champions if you will to attach hope to and there are many examples of this through time such as the Cinderella Man or baseball during the great depression to the 1980 US hockey team and many others. When times are at the toughest, sport historically been where the masses turn their attention to for distraction and/or inspiration.

Reaction Score
I guess Bouk answered my question that social separation does not include people and basketball rims.

Reaction Score
Li

I was really looking forward to UConn baseball this year as well and I planned to get the Storrs to watch a game in the new field. It just sucks. It’s not a big deal in light of everything that’s going on, but it still sucks.
i lived in savannah and would love the week long st patty celebration with 3 weeks of hoops. Being on different schedules I would take my break with my former classmates and pay for a month of cable to be turned on.

C

Chief00

The difference between Bouk doing an off-the-bounce-between-the-legs-360-stuff and Kwintin doing it, is Bouk's go in the hole.

This kid is as much an artist as an athlete.

Chief gets your point, but I don’t think Danny is looking for artists. He’s looking for tough guys, who will compete and make plays. He also wants guys to respect and understand the game. Chief believes Bouk has potential and desire to develop those good traits.
I can’t tell you how “respect for the game” is one of the most underestimated and important things for guys who have physical talent. It’s so important they develop that since it opens the doors to develop a lot of good things and traits. If a guy doesn’t consistently show up to practice on time or doesn’t put in the work and receptiveness to coaching, he doesn’t respect the game.
Despite, Ben Gordon’s recent issues and hopefully recovery, Ben was a real student of the game. He made an effort to learn about some of the all time greats, who were before his time and would watch videos of historic games and players. Chief had some great talks with Ben about some of those players and games. He always had such an interest in these dudes and great questions. Ben also put his individual time into both the weight and basketball gyms.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

I disagree with no one caring about sports during times of trial. Historically we have always latched onto sports for relief from the realities of hard times. People have always sought out hero's or champions if you will to attach hope to and there are many examples of this through time such as the Cinderella Man or baseball during the great depression to the 1980 US hockey team and many others. When times are at the toughest, sport historically been where the masses turn their attention to for distraction and/or inspiration.
Movies were popular in the 1930’s during the Great Depression as an entertainment and escape from reality outlet. Of course now, it’s more complicated because of social distancing.

Reaction Score
The difference between Bouk doing an off-the-bounce-between-the-legs-360-stuff and Kwintin doing it, is Bouk's go in the hole.

This kid is as much an artist as an athlete.
The real difference is Bouk can throw one down in a game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom