This board's favorite new addition to the conference | The Boneyard

This board's favorite new addition to the conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tulane is 6-2, and bowl eligible. Buffalo is also 6-2, that is the team everyone here wants to the end series against. Crazy as I look at scores across the country.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tulane did have a nice win over ECU. The rest.. Wow.

For as not embarrassing as Tulane is... Tulsa.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Tulane, Houston, UCF, Navy...it seems like everyone is getting the "Big East bump", much in the way that Cincy and the Ville did. Now, if we can only figure out a way to get that bump too... :oops:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tulane, Houston, UCF, Navy...it seems like everyone is getting the "Big East bump", much in the way that Cincy and the Ville did. Now, if we can only figure out a way to get that bump too... :oops:

Navy is the best thing about the AAC going forward. They can win or lose randomly.

Beat Indiana? Lose to Western Kentucky. Lose to Duke and Toledo? Beat Pitt.

Reaction Score
Navy is the best thing about the AAC going forward. They can win or lose randomly.

Duke is good. They beat VaTech yesterday.

Reaction Score

Duke is now bowl eligible for the second straight year. they made a transition when they hired Cutliffe. Cutliffe was Peyton Mannings OC/QB coach back in the
day at Tennessee.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/cut-duke-coach-serves-mentor-peyton-eli-article-1.1456105

I am frustrated as you with the season, whaler, but Navy coming in 2015 will be great.
As for the inconsistency you mentioned, Indiana is all over the board. Western KY is up and down in the Petrino (who knows how long it will last) experiment, and Toledo
if I can remember, has a second year head coach (very young) who is now 5 & 3 on the year who they seem very excited about.

Remember the day when we beat Indiana in the first ever at the Rent? and duke? Patience is wearing thin but the firing of PP and GDL stopped the bleeding. The season and
ending and the hiring of a great new coach will start the breathing from the "choke job" of the last 2+years.

Positive spin about the AAC:
Houston (bowl eligible)49 to 14 over soon departed Rutgers.
SMU continues to put up huge offensive points in a turn around year for their D and if it plays out will be bowl eligible.
Memphis is improving over their debacle of last year.
Yes, we lost out in the last round of CR but the Conference we're in has some great teams. UCF is one of them. If not for the P5/ESPN/ media stranglehold, they would be in the
top 15. They're only loss is by 3 to S.Carolina who is ranked 12th and beat previoulsy unbeaten Missouri, ranked 5th by 3.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Duke is now bowl eligible for the second straight year. they made a transition when they hired Cutliffe. Cutliffe was Peyton Mannings OC/QB coach back in the
day at Tennessee.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/cut-duke-coach-serves-mentor-peyton-eli-article-1.1456105

I am frustrated as you with the season, whaler, but Navy coming in 2015 will be great.
As for the inconsistency you mentioned, Indiana is all over the board. Western KY is up and down in the Petrino (who knows how long it will last) experiment, and Toledo
if I can remember, has a second year head coach (very young) who is now 5 & 3 on the year who they seem very excited about.

Remember the day when we beat Indiana in the first ever at the Rent? and duke? Patience is wearing thin but the firing of PP and GDL stopped the bleeding. The season and
ending and the hiring of a great new coach will start the breathing from the "choke job" of the last 2+years.

Positive spin about the AAC:
Houston (bowl eligible)49 to 14 over soon departed Rutgers.
SMU continues to put up huge offensive points in a turn around year for their D and if it plays out will be bowl eligible.
Memphis is improving over their debacle of last year.
Yes, we lost out in the last round of CR but the Conference we're in has some great teams. UCF is one of them. If not for the P5/ESPN/ media stranglehold, they would be in the
top 15. They're only loss is by 3 to S.Carolina who is ranked 12th and beat previoulsy unbeaten Missouri, ranked 5th by 3.

Yeah Duke is better than I gave them credit for. I'm ok with Navy - just their system leads to crazy results.

Reaction Score
Yeah Duke is better than I gave them credit for. I'm ok with Navy - just their system leads to crazy results.

Yeah, I agree with you on their system. Tough to get football recruits, admissions is tough and limited there, plus it's a special person who goes there. Just great to have them in our corner....
More on the AAC:

ECU is better than people give them credit for. They're attendance is outstanding from what I've seen, with one more win they're bowl eligible and the Pirates hung 55 on UNC in Chapel Hill.
The AAC when it get's finished building out will be pretty GD tough...much tougher than ESPN and the P5 are willing to discuss.....

Reaction Score

Great they got pumped and UConn got dumped!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I hate CFB for making me unable to be cheering for other conference mates getting better. Due to CR I feel like hoping for Houston or UCF to get better just makes it that much more likely that we'll end up in the AAC forever and watch programs that go from C-USA to better leap frog us. I'd love to cheer for the Houstons and UCFs of our conference to keep excelling because it gives our conference more respect and helps us as well. However, if we don't turn it around quickly, it just gives those programs a leg up on us. It really just sucks....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, if a couple of AAC teams aren't ranked or close to ranked each year, it makes UConn look worse for being associated with them. Just the way it is. We also don't want teams like Memphis, Temple, and this year, UConn, to be among the worst programs in FBS.

I think the AAC will be a mediocre football conference, on the same level as the MWC for the past 10 years, and slightly better than the NMWC going forward. That's it. Basketball is a much, much bigger problem. There are 4 bid worthy programs: UConn, Temple, Cincinnati, Memphis, and then a bunch of programs that would have trouble earning a winning record in the Colonial or A10.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Basketball is a much, much bigger problem. There are 4 bid worthy programs: UConn, Temple, Cincinnati, Memphis, and then a bunch of programs that would have trouble earning a winning record in the Colonial or A10.
Thankfully basketball still has a way for schools from weaker conferences to still have a shot at a national title. I know the conference will be weak in bball but Ollie will keep this program running and it won't matter who we play, as long as we keep getting the talent and succeeding on the hardwood. CFB is a completely different beast and being in a non-P5 conference really kills you. Hopefully the AAC becomes a distant memory in the future but who knows anymore....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom