This Big East is a Very Good Conference | The Boneyard

This Big East is a Very Good Conference

Reaction Score
As I was watching the game against DePaul last night, it seemed a lot closer than the score. I was pretty impressed with DePaul, seems they're actually a pretty good team, and a good program. This lead me to think about the Big East Conference, which IMO, is really a very competitive league from top to bottom. I think it will remain that way too because it's got a stable of really good coaches. There's no perennial doormats that I can see.

I know that G'Town is having a bad year, and that some don't think Ewing is very good, but I'm not one of them. Ewing will be fine, and so will Georgetown.

Eventually, and it won't be long, UConn will regain the talent level advantage it had from winning so many championships. Hurley has proven that he can both recruit and teach. I also like that his teams, as did those of Calhoun, Wooden and Dean Smith, typically peak at the end of the season, a key to winning championships. I'm thrilled that we are back in the Big East, and pleased that it's as big as ever.

Reaction Score
Depaul will be really interesting next year. Losing Freeman-Liberty (he posted a few days ago about that) will hurt but I am really excited to see Zion Cruz there. Highest recruit Depaul has had since...Koshwal? They're gonna need to land one or two guys in the portal but I have no doubt Stubbs can do that.
The real question mark is St Johns. Champagnie didn't improve his draft stock at all this year and is maybe looking at a late 2nd round pick if lucky. Likely undrafted. Does he stay, with Posh and Addae-Wusu, and a good incoming guard in Storr? They still don't have any front court (Wheeler exists as an outside 4) but that backcourt would have a lot of firepower.
Xavier too should be better; top 15 class coming in, losing Scruggs but Dwon Odom could easily take over the point.
If Cole stays, I see UConn as the 2nd best team in the preseason (behind Nova). If Cole goes, we slot in below Nova and Xavier and possibly Marquette if Lewis stays

Reaction Score
The conference as a whole is successfully recruiting for high level athletes and is also benefiting- from a talent perspective- from other high-major transfers into the conference via the portal. Not to mention the caliber of coaches in the conference.

Just need to convert that momentum into Ws in the Big Dance. With UConn leading the way.

Reaction Score
somehow UConn is doing much better in the tough BE (top 3 conference) than how we did in the American
That’s a product of them playing up (or down) to the level of competition. It seems to have leveled off this year, as most nights they are “bringing it” regardless of the record of the opponent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom