This and That From Carl Adamec | The Boneyard

This and That From Carl Adamec

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
All sorts of chit chat in this article.

My favorite:

During one of Fudd’s visits to Storrs during the recruiting process, the Huskies’ coaching staff showed her video of her mother, Katie Smrcka-Duffy, playing for Georgetown against UConn.

Smrcka-Duffy was a three-time all-Big East second-team selection for the Hoyas (1999-2001) after transferring from North Carolina State.

“I haven’t really seen many videos of her playing so it was really cool for me to see,” Fudd said. “Afterward she talked about it and how she was so mad because her team would just give up on the bus ride to UConn. They’d talk about how they just wanted to go home because they knew they were going to get smacked. She’d be the only one competing.”

Fudd was asked if she is competitive with her mother.

“She tells me that if I played her in her prime that she would destroy me,” Fudd said with a smile.

I hope her mother passed on that competitive fire to Azzi. Something tells me she did.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This was interesting. Geno keeping up with the psychology

It also probably should not have been surprising that the Huskies were slotted at No. 2 behind South Carolina in the Associated Press preseason poll released Tuesday. Coming off their 13th consecutive NCAA Final Four appearance, the Huskies return their starting lineup and welcome Ohio State transfer Dorka Juhasz and a highly-rated recruiting class led by Azzi Fudd.

Auriemma was surprised, but not in the way you might think.
“I’m not even sure how we are No. 2,” he said. “Doesn’t Stanford have everyone back from a national championship team? They lost a point guard. So what. I remember we lost a point guard (Renee Montgomery in 2009) one year and we were still No. 1 the following year.
We should probably be like fourth or fifth.”

That caught Christyn Williams by surprise. The senior guard rolled her eyes when told of her team’s ranking.

“He said that? Really?” Williams said. “He’s always so hard on us. Why is he always so hard on us? Why did he say that, did he give a reason? “I have no words.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom