Third Division Level Soccer?...in Germany | The Boneyard

Third Division Level Soccer?...in Germany

Reaction Score
I am only posting this to see if some of the more technically knowledgeable posters here can tell us what they think of the quality of play in this 3rd division game (if you have time to watch). I think it shows a lot of skill and terrific teamwork. Check out the "one touch football" play at about 3:15 of the video (all German) Saturday 12/17/16. I try to follow Jahn Regensburg. For 2016-2017 Jahn is in the 3rd Bundesliga. They are in the red and white kits here playing against Preussen Muenster. They cram all the crowd in the parts of the stadium that are out of the field of view of the camera - there where about 4,000 there on Saturday. It is beautiful new stadium. Number 9 for Jahn is Jann George who would actually be eligible for US play. He scores the first goal and is the leading scorer this season for Jahn although I think Gruettner and Thomy are the more impressive players. They were promoted back up to the third div. after one year in the 4th division Regional Liga Bayern.

Zweiter Dreier in Folge vom 17.12.2016: Jahn Regensburg besiegt Preußen Münster | BR Mediathek VIDEO

Reaction Score
I am only posting this to see if some of the more technically knowledgeable posters here can tell us what they think of the quality of play in this 3rd division game (if you have time to watch). I think it shows a lot of skill and terrific teamwork. Check out the "one touch football" play at about 3:15 of the video (all German) Saturday 12/17/16. I try to follow Jahn Regensburg. For 2016-2017 Jahn is in the 3rd Bundesliga. They are in the red and white kits here playing against Preussen Muenster. They cram all the crowd in the parts of the stadium that are out of the field of view of the camera - there where about 4,000 there on Saturday. It is beautiful new stadium. Number 9 for Jahn is Jann George who would actually be eligible for US play. He scores the first goal and is the leading scorer this season for Jahn although I think Gruettner and Thomy are the more impressive players. They were promoted back up to the third div. after one year in the 4th division Regional Liga Bayern.

Zweiter Dreier in Folge vom 17.12.2016: Jahn Regensburg besiegt Preußen Münster | BR Mediathek VIDEO

I lived in Wiesbaden for a while which had a third division club. The played in the wunderbar Brita Filter Stadium. They were pretty good. Last time I saw a game there it was maybe 2010 or 2011. It was better than what MLS was in 2008 and 2009 to my unprofessionally trained eye.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The third division in Germany is fully professional so that explains the talent. Only England and Italy also have professional third divisions.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
3rd division teams usually have a mix of older guys still hanging on, young players on loan from teams in higher divisions or really young talent that they play for exposure in order to be bought by a higher division club. The players are not bad and the coaching is decent. Just look at the upsets that occur in the FA Cup or DFB Pokal. While I love UCONN sports(soccer included), I would watch the pros anytime over college soccer here in the US.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom