Thinking Differently About Quarterback (J. Silver) | The Boneyard

Thinking Differently About Quarterback (J. Silver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice work... http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/thinking-differently-about-quarterback/

>>“Yes, you can only play only one quarterback at a time, but anything can happen,” Whitmer said. “In this situation, we are going to use the both of our talents. It’s an interesting aspect. When you name a starter, he’s a starter and (the backup) won’t play unless the starter gets hurt or is not getting it done. This, it’s a different situation. It’s good for both of us. We’ve talked how we both are going to work together and make it so it isn’t about us, it’s about the offense and moving the ball down the field.”<<

>>“All I know I will be ready when they call my number,” Whitmer said. “Coach Diaco said we will know the Thursday before game. Whether it is a certain situation, a certain time. Whatever it may be we won’t know until the Thursday of the game. We won’t be sitting on the sidelines anxious when we are going to go in. It can change week-to-week and game to game. Casey’s the starter, the coaches say I will see the field.”<<

>>“I think this is not a way to look at quarterback, it’s a way to look at a team and help the team win,” Cochran said. “At the end of the day, that’s what it is. It’s putting guys in a positions to make the team successful. To utilizing me and Chandler, it helps at the end of the day.”<<

Reaction Score
Nice work... http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/thinking-differently-about-quarterback/

>>“Yes, you can only play only one quarterback at a time, but anything can happen,” Whitmer said. “In this situation, we are going to use the both of our talents. It’s an interesting aspect. When you name a starter, he’s a starter and (the backup) won’t play unless the starter gets hurt or is not getting it done. This, it’s a different situation. It’s good for both of us. We’ve talked how we both are going to work together and make it so it isn’t about us, it’s about the offense and moving the ball down the field.”<<

>>“All I know I will be ready when they call my number,” Whitmer said. “Coach Diaco said we will know the Thursday before game. Whether it is a certain situation, a certain time. Whatever it may be we won’t know until the Thursday of the game. We won’t be sitting on the sidelines anxious when we are going to go in. It can change week-to-week and game to game. Casey’s the starter, the coaches say I will see the field.”<<

>>“I think this is not a way to look at quarterback, it’s a way to look at a team and help the team win,” Cochran said. “At the end of the day, that’s what it is. It’s putting guys in a positions to make the team successful. To utilizing me and Chandler, it helps at the end of the day.”<<
I'm just worried we become predictable with platooning. I hope the coaches have worried about it too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm just worried we become predictable with platooning. I hope the coaches have worried about it too.
Here's the thing, we're not bringing Whitmer to run the ball. That's not his strength. The skill set of these guys is pretty close, so I see some possibilities in setting up the defense to believe a hand off is coming and then throwing. One thing I do believe is Diaco isn't going to stick with something that doesn't work. So bringing in Whitmer will either help move the sticks or he'll slip into a more traditional back up role.

FWIW, I suspect that making the opposition game prep more complex may be part of the value that Diaco is hoping this system will bring. For that to happen, CW has to be effective on the field. We'll see.

I just want to see what HCBD game plan looks like. How quickly and effectively he makes adjustments. That plus the effect of the off season conditioning and chemistry work.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
FWIW, I suspect that making the opposition game prep more complex may be part of the value that Diaco is hoping this system will bring. For that to happen, CW has to be effective on the field. We'll see.
Didn't P also say that when he came on board? We're multiple! Multiple turnovers, multiple false starts, multiple confused players. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom